The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TheBrightShadow
But there is a big diiference between CASS at undergraduate level and postgraduate level.

oh ok
kirstinx
Did I say it was in the same league? I said the graduate prospects are equal, which statistically they are.

Statistics stating x% getting a 'Graduate Job' can be misleading.

There is a big difference between getting a graduate job from Powergen, than getting a good job from a top tier employer.

Shame the statistics don't break down employment prospects further.
Reply 42
If you are planning on doing the ACA or similar qualification after you graduate, you might want to look at the exemptions different courses offer you. For example you don't get as many exemptions doing AccFin from LSE. But its probably a good idea to keep you options open if you're not 100% sure you want to go into the profession after graduating.

As far as getting a job with the big 4, provided you have a 2:1, and 300 UCAS points and your university is recognised you stand a good chance in the recruitment stakes. When I was doing my internship at Deloitte I met a guy that had gone to pompey uni, don't think you'll find them in the top 10, or 15 or 20 etc :P
Reply 43
fubu

As far as getting a job with the big 4, provided you have a 2:1, and 300 UCAS points and your university is recognised you stand a good chance in the recruitment stakes. When I was doing my internship at Deloitte I met a guy that had gone to pompey uni, don't think you'll find them in the top 10, or 15 or 20 etc :P

when employers specify a certain number of ucas points what exactly can contribute to the points. is it like just 3/4 main A levels or do u also include things like general studies, any random AS levels or key skills points?
because if u include all of the little things like key skills and stuff it makes it easier for people who wouldnt normally meet the criteria get more points and could appear better than someone who has got less points but has got them through harder things such as complete A levels.
Reply 44
I think in the small print they specify a number of units.

eg. 300 points from 18 units is BBB
300 points from 21 units is BCCc
Reply 45
I'm guessing its 300 points from 18 units, because I remember a representative from Deloite saying that I needed to have 3 B's at A'level to qualify after I graduated.

Latest

Trending

Trending