The Student Room Group

PRTC 15th April

I recieved a call off my AFCO today informing me that my PRTC would be on the 15th April and my basic training will be July so I was wondering if anybody else has found out that they are going then as well? Time to start making sure I've got the kit and getting anything else I'll need, I'm travelling from the North-West if anybody is coming from this way and wants to meet up and head down?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What trade are you goin for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I'm going for avionics engineer, how about you?
Reply 3
Aerospace systems operator. They rang me same day, I've got my prtc in June tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I wanted avionics but don't have physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by jebbadiah
Aerospace systems operator. They rang me same day, I've got my prtc in June tho.

I'm going for ASOP as well and have been told that my start date for basic training is 14th June but they are yet to give me a date for prtc. I'm a bit confused at the moment I just want to get my dates set in stone
Reply 6
My prtc is 17th June. Give your AFCO a ring and tell them they should have a date for ya.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Did they give you any idea as to why your prtc date is so far away?
Reply 8
They rang me just after Christmas and said it's been put on hold due to lack of places till the summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
When did you get your date for prtc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I haven't been given a prtc date yet. They phoned me a month ago, the day after my fitness test to say I've been made pending for the intakes on the 14th June and that they would ring me in a couple of months to confirm my start date and to give me my prtc date so I'm just waiting for a phone call.
Reply 11
I did my fitness in November. I've been thinkin they put my trainin back cause I only did the minimum on my fitness test. But I dunno if that would affect it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
So they are making you wait near enough a year?! Hm I doubt that would have any effect on your start date to be honest
Reply 13
I know. They did say it would be about February but obviously not! I can retake my officer exams in July so I'm still undecided about which to route to go down. Goin to boulmer in a few weeks for a few days so that'll give me a better idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Yeah sounds good! How cone you're going to Boulmer?
Reply 15
Just goin to one of those job visits/previews. And so I can talk to a few officers and airmen about whether to go for ABM again now or try in 3 years. Plus it keeps the idea of the RAF in my head instead of doin nothin till June haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Nice one sounds interesting. I'm getting frustrated to be honest I wish the next 3 months could just be gone. I'm stuck in a college course and part time job that I can't wait to leave
Reply 17
I wanted avionics but don't have physics

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm currently applying for mechanical engineer which requires the Physics. When you say you don't have it, do you mean you don't have a science GCSE or were you told you need a separate physics qualification? I have 2 science GCSE's which both included Physics and was wondering if that's good enough.
Reply 18
I don't have any science qualifications. I could sit my IGCSE physics exam in May but not sure whether to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I don't have any science qualifications. I could sit my IGCSE physics exam in May but not sure whether to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right I see. Well if it's something that would enable you to do what you want to do then I don't see any harm in doing the exam!

Quick Reply

Latest