The Student Room Group

Do black jeans make your legs look skinnier or fatter?

First of all, I'm sorry for the blunt description! I couldn't find a nicer way to describe the size of large legs....

Anyway, do black jeans make your legs look larger than average (like grey jeans) or skinnier? Maybe they make your legs look like they actually do...

I've stopped growing and am 5'3'' with a small, slightly curvy figure.

Thanks! I'm sorry if I offend anyone in any particular way too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by hatcs001
First of all, I'm sorry for the blunt description! I couldn't find a nicer way to describe the size of large legs....

Anyway, do black jeans make your legs look larger than average (like grey jeans) or skinnier? Maybe they make your legs look like they actually do...

I've stopped growing and am 5'3'' with a small, slightly curvy figure.

Thanks! I'm sorry if I offend anyone in any particular way too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've found because you can't see the shading or shadowing on them, they do make your legs look thinner. It's harder to see any creases etc.
Reply 2
Black makes your legs look thinner.
Reply 3
I think if the material is too thick (eg. really hard jeans) then it can make your legs look bigger. Otherwise black usually makes your legs look thinner.
Reply 4
Thinner usually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thinner as long as they fit right.
Like all the posters above said, yes they make your legs look thinner :biggrin:
Reply 7
Well-fitting black clothes in general make you appear slimmer I would say
Reply 8
don't see why the colour would make a difference.

you're either thin or you're not. :')
Original post by Ripper-Roo
don't see why the colour would make a difference.

you're either thin or you're not. :')

Darker colours have a slimming effect. Hence fatter people prefer navies and such if they're conscious.
Damn. I need to get myself some black jeans.
Strangely, black tights also makes your legs look thinner
Reply 11
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Darker colours have a slimming effect. Hence fatter people prefer navies and such if they're conscious.

or maybe they just like the colour.
Reply 12
Depends how fat your legs are to begin with, if they are giant slabs of fat, then a cloaking device is what you need, but if you just have chunky legs, then don't hide them, embrace the chunk.
Reply 13
Any black item of clothing makes you smaller. That is a number one fashion thing everyone needs to know.
Original post by Ripper-Roo
or maybe they just like the colour.

Because it slims them.

Psychological.
Because it slims them.

Psychological.

What about thin people who like the colour? I don't disagree dark colours make people look slimmer but to suggest that's the only reason people wear them is silly
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
What about thin people who like the colour? I don't disagree dark colours make people look slimmer but to suggest that's the only reason people wear them is silly

Didn't say only reason, I said people prefer to wear them if larger. I wear darker colours because I find they seem more... 'Sophisticated' :lol:
Didn't say only reason, I said people prefer to wear them if larger. I wear darker colours because I find they seem more... 'Sophisticated' :lol:

Me too I think they look classy :tongue:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Me too I think they look classy :tongue:

Exactly!
I'm 5ft 4 with some serious birthing hips and thighs to match, I pretty much only wear black jeans...anything else makes me look totally disproportionate (which i am!)

Quick Reply

Latest