The Student Room Group

Do black jeans make your legs look skinnier or fatter?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Because it slims them.

Psychological.

I've seen thin people wear navy.

It's a nice colour.
Original post by Ripper-Roo
I've seen thin people wear navy.

It's a nice colour.

It is a nice colour indeed.

Just saying people do wear clothes for slimming effects.
Reply 22
It is a nice colour indeed.

Just saying people do wear clothes for slimming effects.

But it's not the only reason and some people really don't care how slimming it is.

Like I don't wear yellow because I don't like it and it wouldn't suit me anyway.
i think black jeans make your legs look skinnier :smile:
you know like a black dress would make you look skinnier
But it's not the only reason and some people really don't care how slimming it is.

Like I don't wear yellow because I don't like it and it wouldn't suit me anyway.

Why are you trying to cause a debate out of this? I haven't said its the sole reason for which people wear them, as I've already pointed out
Reply 25
Why are you trying to cause a debate out of this? I haven't said its the sole reason for which people wear them, as I've already pointed out

I'm not - anyway you said it was psychological like it's done subconsciously. All I'm saying is it's not just to look slimmer, it's because navy is a nice colour as well.
I'm not - anyway you said it was psychological like it's done subconsciously. All I'm saying is it's not just to look slimmer, it's because navy is a nice colour as well.

Yeah it could be psychological, fat people tend not to look very sophisticated, and I associated darker colours with that, so perhaps it's a subconscious link.

That was probably a bit farfetched but point stands.
Black will make me thinner, I love black.
Yeah black clothes usually do make me look thinner

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest