The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

University of Dundee - FAQ

Scroll to see replies

I'm a girl currently staying in Newcastle, originally from Edinburgh. I'm only 17 now but I'm looking to go to Dundee Uni to DJCAD. The main thing I worry about is the social side, in all honesty, is everyone friendly and willing to make pals because I'm very shy and have never had loads of pals. It's one thing that bugs me more than anything. Thank you!
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 41
Original post by bluepinkorang
I'm a girl currently staying in Newcastle, originally from Edinburgh. I'm only 17 now but I'm looking to go to Dundee Uni to DJCAD. The main thing I worry about is the social side, in all honesty, is everyone friendly and willing to make pals because I'm very shy and have never had loads of pals. It's one thing that bugs me more than anything. Thank you!

Don't worry, everyone is in the same boat as you when you get to uni! Take the opportunity in Freshers to sign up to societies and go to some of the events. If you don't like them, you're not obligated to go back. :h: Also try to be friendly with your flatmates because you will be living with them for the next year and you don't want to have a frosty flat (believe me, I was at that point for a bit in my flat). :hugs:
thanks for getting back to me! yeah I'll just need to push myself I suppose despite it being very scary. Also what's the nightlife like and everything? are you originally from Dundee as well? I feel like it wouldn't be that bad I know my way around Dundee really well loads of my family and that live there so it would be better. Thank you 😊
Original post by bluepinkorang

I'm a 17 year old spanish girl also applying to DJCAD! So don't worry I think all of us feel the same way. We will do it great :h:
For any prospective Dundee freshers:

Hello everyone! We have a spare bedroom on Springfield road for anyone looking for accommodation next year. The house is amazing and all the bedrooms have double beds. Currently there are 4 of us living here, all dental students at Dundee going into 2nd year. We are all very friendly and tidy people. One of our flatmates unfortunately has pulled out of the lease and this is why we are looking for someone else.. The lease starts from the 1st of July. If you want any more details don't hesitate to message me! Thanks!
Hi @dentistry2017x

Is your post still available ?
Reply 46
Original post by Safwaan6677
Hi @dentistry2017x

Is your post still available ?

Hey!

I would try DUSA Housing on Facebook or the site Spareroom if you're looking for a place in Dundee :h:
I must say, the male/female ratio is quite peculiar

Quick Reply

Latest