The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XII

Were a very friendly bunch, though be careful of a resident wolf, it can get over excited at times!

Messages and Helpful Advice

Moodgym is a free online CBT program for people with anxiety and depression.

Nervous about going to the doctor regarding your mental health?

Use this great tool here to help you prepare Thanks to River Shadow for finding this website.

(Got something you thing would be useful here - quote me and I will add it!)

Moderation Message:

We all want TSR, and especially the Mental Health Support Society to be a safe place for users to get support and constructive, helpful advice. We do not want anyone to get triggered or feel worse as a result of posts on the site, whether that would be a response to your post, or a separate post made by another user. It is for this reason that we have rules relating to self harm and suicide discussion.

Please note that our current policy is that any discussion of suicide or self-harm is not permitted, whether that's writing about contemplating it, or discussing methods. We also cannot allow code words to get around the suicide/self-harm discussion ban. It is important to note that this includes anything written in spoiler tags. Please also remember that posts that do not directly mention self harm or suicide, but imply or hint about it, may also be triggering for users.

The reasons for this policy are:

- We are not professionally trained to deal with serious, potentially dangerous issues like this. We feel that directing people to appropriate help is safer than posting on TSR about it.

- Often messages about these types of feelings end up getting replies which are at best well-intentioned but unhelpful and at worst downright malicious. We would never want someone to be made to feel worse for posting about their feelings.

- There is a real risk of both triggering other users and increasing dangerous behaviour by allowing discussion of self-harm methods etc.

We do not want TSR to be seen to be a site which encourages or promotes self-harm.

Unfortunately, moderators are not able to monitor all posts in the site all the time, and therefore we rely on the report function to help us become aware of problematic posts. If you see a post about self harm, suicide or something that is triggering, please use the report function to bring it to our attention.

Please note that intolerance or discrimination of any kind is not allowed and is not welcome on this thread. If you see a post containing intolerance or discrimination, please use the report function to bring it to our attention, and please refrain from replying to these posts.

If you have any queries about moderation, please make a thread in Ask a Health & Relationships Moderator, and a moderator will reply to you as soon as possible.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
new thread :gah:
:h:
Reply 3
Shiny! :teeth:
:yay: :clap2: :biggrin: New Thread! :biggrin: :clap2: :yay:

:beard: It stopped me posting on the old one :mad: :tongue:

What I was going to post... :biggrin:

Spoiler

Reply 5
Original post by rmhumphries
:h:

We can thank you for the OP :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
We can thank you for the OP :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I noticed it looked familiar :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by rmhumphries
I noticed it looked familiar :tongue:

You did SUCH a good job setting it up, thought we may as well keep it :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
You did SUCH a good job setting it up, thought we may as well keep it :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why thanks :h:
Yaaaaaaaaay. new thread!!
Yay! New thread

Sunday afternoon worries

Spoiler

Original post by senz72
This is to Kindred & yourself.

I just don't want to feel like I'm intruding. I feel like I'll be a nuisance if I go and just left alone I guess (like here at uni.)

I'm hoping that it'll help me improve with some of my social anxiety, especially as you guys will be more understanding. But I've got to make sure everyone's alright with me, otherwise I won't come.

Well I don't think anyone will mind :nah: (And some of us would definitely like to see you there! (If we go :woo:))- and as you say, it'd be good for you to come :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Awesome new thread for all the awesome peepz in da hoooooouse!! :awesome: :thumbsup:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
I'm both excited and nervous as hell for the coming week. So so busy!
Hey guys! New thread! Thanks for the support since I've been on here. Had a rough few weeks. Don't know what to do, home life is seriously messed up, college is pressuring me way too much. Feels all too much at the moment. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Ooh new thread.

I make myself feel worse by constantly checking twitter of people I know, and looking at their great nights out and friendships and wishing I was one of them. :frown:

I think we're all guilty of this sort of thing. That's why I don't have people i know added on twitter and rarely log onto Facebook. I don't even have WhatsApp, I must be an outsider to society! Feel much better for it though.

How have you been?
*Wonders if anon. no. 1 throne has been reclaimed with the shiny new thread.*

:wavey: (Anon. no. 2 in last thread, anon. no. 1 in previous 2/3).
Reply 17
Yo bruv... :biggrin:

Still need to get round to replying to posts but I'm currently on my phone :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Well if I don't read it there I'll only hear them chat about it at school. I haven't been out with a friend in 3 years, and I just want to belong somehow - just to have a bit of fun with people who I trust.

I've been ok. Asides from some major panics I haven't been too bad lately. The only thing in the world that actually is getting me down right now is lack of friends. I have two awesome friends - we've been friends for like 6 yrs, but they are a part of another group of friends that I feel an outsider too, and they only do stuff with their group, and not me.

Yourself?

Is it possible you could be introduced to their friendship group? I'm sure they're lovely people and would accept you.

Eh I've been alright, new medication this week has helped a lot I feel. I'm scared for next week though.
Original post by Anonymous
*Wonders if anon. no. 1 throne has been reclaimed with the shiny new thread.*

:wavey: (Anon. no. 2 in last thread, anon. no. 1 in previous 2/3).

You are back in your rightful place :yy:

Latest