The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford IQ Accomodation 2014-2015

Hi, just wondered if anyone has booked iq for accomodation for salford uni this year?? I've booked mine in Bronte flat 3, very excited!!! :biggrin: Just wanted to see who I might be living with :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ive booked mine, but I will be staying in Chaucer House :smile:
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
I've booked a visit for next week, on Tuesday. I'm pretty excited, currently torn between that and Tramways.

Has anybody visited both? Everybody has raved about Student IQ so it might be the one I go for as Tramway's have already lied about the price which put me off :/

I'll be 21 so not quite a mature student but not quite a 'normal' student - I don't think it'll make a difference but in some ways I'm a bit apprehensive about it.
Reply 3
I haven't looked at tramways but their website looked quite poor to me in comparison to IQ.
When I looked around IQ I found it quite modern and to me felt more comfortable and homely to me.
I'm 19 so might be older than some, but honestly don't think the age will make much difference :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by chump21
Ive booked mine, but I will be staying in Chaucer House :smile:

Me too! Woo! :biggrin:
Where about are you staying? I'm on Level 2 Flat 6 :smile: Guess I shall be seeing you around soon then!
Reply 5
Original post by PaulyyPudd
Me too! Woo! :biggrin:
Where about are you staying? I'm on Level 2 Flat 6 :smile: Guess I shall be seeing you around soon then!

Ahh that's awesome! 😃 I'm in flat 2, so I'm on the ground floor
Reply 6
Original post by chump21
Ahh that's awesome! I'm in flat 2, so I'm on the ground floor

I didn't want to pick the ground floor because I could imagine that being rather noisy with the door opening and closing, especially with people on a night out and such! So top floor, maybe a bit of a better view so I chose that!
Guessing your in the house with the 3 females then? Have you found out who they are yet or still trying too?
Reply 7
Original post by PaulyyPudd
I didn't want to pick the ground floor because I could imagine that being rather noisy with the door opening and closing, especially with people on a night out and such! So top floor, maybe a bit of a better view so I chose that!
Guessing your in the house with the 3 females then? Have you found out who they are yet or still trying too?

Yea that's a good point, but as the rooms are quite far into the flat due to the kitchen being by the front door I thought it would be ok, fingerscrossed! And no, I have no idea who the other two girls are, that's why I thought I'd post a little message on here :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by chump21
Yea that's a good point, but as the rooms are quite far into the flat due to the kitchen being by the front door I thought it would be ok, fingerscrossed! And no, I have no idea who the other two girls are, that's why I thought I'd post a little message on here :smile:

That's quite true actually, just have to see how it goes then! They make a Facebook group each year which is controlled by the iQ staff so everyone can add and talk before it and things so should soon be able to find out who's who! I know I'm all up for having a party in the first week! So here's your invite! Haha.
Reply 9
Im so excited to find out to be honest! And yes!! :smile: I will definitely be there! As long as I meet my conditions haha
Reply 10
Original post by chump21
Im so excited to find out to be honest! And yes!! :smile: I will definitely be there! As long as I meet my conditions haha

Me too! So far there is only me and 1 other person in the flat. Shes 17 (or so it says on the iQ booking) and me who's 19 so hope more people join the flat soon!

If not, the party wont be much of a party... I will come and have the party at yours then! Haha
Reply 11
one thing I was worried about staying at iQ was because a few people said there weren't many parties there? so might have to team up and change that! hahaa :smile: and I will also be 19 in 5 days time! woo
Reply 12
Original post by chump21
one thing I was worried about staying at iQ was because a few people said there weren't many parties there? so might have to team up and change that! hahaa :smile: and I will also be 19 in 5 days time! woo

Wooo happy birthday for this week then! :biggrin:
I will be having a birthday party for my 20th in November so flat party woooo! Im up for changing it too!
Reply 13
thank you :h: and woo, lets do this!! I'm looking forward to this year so much!
Reply 14
Original post by wednesdayfridayx
I've booked a visit for next week, on Tuesday. I'm pretty excited, currently torn between that and Tramways.

Has anybody visited both? Everybody has raved about Student IQ so it might be the one I go for as Tramway's have already lied about the price which put me off :/

I'll be 21 so not quite a mature student but not quite a 'normal' student - I don't think it'll make a difference but in some ways I'm a bit apprehensive about it.

Hey I live in IQ now and i'm 22 in my first year :smile:
I'm staying here for my second year as well! the good thing about IQ is when you book you can see the profiles of the other people in your flat so i'd say avoid the flats that are filled with all 18 year olds because they're the freshers blocks. I'm living in Wordsworth from september because its on the front so it's quieter. I think with IQ you get more for your money than tramways as the second part of the refurb is taking place here over summer.
hope this helps :smile: x
Original post by Lwhite
Hey I live in IQ now and i'm 22 in my first year :smile:
I'm staying here for my second year as well! the good thing about IQ is when you book you can see the profiles of the other people in your flat so i'd say avoid the flats that are filled with all 18 year olds because they're the freshers blocks. I'm living in Wordsworth from september because its on the front so it's quieter. I think with IQ you get more for your money than tramways as the second part of the refurb is taking place here over summer.
hope this helps :smile: x

Yeah this is great thank you :smile: I've chosen iQ and I'm excited about it, I've only heard good things. I think I'm going to go for a 'mixed' hall and hopefully will get a range of ages. Want to book soon, but will hopefully be able to see 'The Student Village' first because it's been recommended. But that's only so I know I've explored all the options before I make my final decision.

Are there any thoughts on the student village or anyone who has gone to view it?

Original post by chump21

I hope there are parties! I also hope there's a reasonable SU bar, mostly because I will have no money to travel into Manchester and back ever so relying on sad £1 shots and hopefully not too sticky floors. Or a really cheap taxi service.
Reply 16
what's everyone going to be studying? I'm doing psychology :smile:!
Reply 17
Original post by liannebrghtn

I am going to be studying Television and Radio Production at Media City, so not sure how much of my course is actually on the main Salford Campus!
Reply 18
I'm going to be studying prosthetics and orthotics, fingerscrossed :smile:
Original post by liannebrghtn

Me too!

EDIT: Have now booked and am staying in Carroll house :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending