The Student Room Group

Art Foundation Applicants 2014!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by polka dots :)
Just got an offer from Camberwelll!!!!!!!!! Yay! :smile:

well done!!!!! omg maybe that means all the UAL offers will be sent out today .. eeeek
Original post by meganabcdefg
Hi guys! Basically, I am deciding between Camberwell, Oxford Brookes and Kingston for my Art Foundation next year. I have had offers from Camberwell and Oxford Brookes but am waiting to hear back from Kingston still (had my interview yesterday). I also got an offer for Falmouth but decided I didn't want to be that far away from home.

At the moment, I'm thinking I might want to do Fine Art or Illustration in the long term but am using the foundation year to find out exactly what I want to do! I know that Camberwell has a really good reputation but I'm not sure I want to go to a course that's so big and have preferred the atmospheres at Oxford Brookes and Kingston when I went to visit. I've also heard that Kingston is better if you want to do graphics and the fine art pathway there isn't as good? If anyone has any more info or opinions I would really appreciate it!

My friend is currently at Oxford Brookes doing a foundation. She does the fine art pathway and really enjoys it :smile:
Original post by nurtasher333
well done!!!!! omg maybe that means all the UAL offers will be sent out today .. eeeek

I got it by post :smile: It said the offer date was 21st... Good luck!!!!!! :smile:
Reply 43
Got my offer through the post today too! woooo!!!!
Original post by yen14
Got my offer through the post today too! woooo!!!!

congrats!!! :biggrin:
Reply 45
congrats!!! :biggrin:

thanks!!! congrats to you too!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by cxloe
Wow congratulations on all of your offers! I had my interview on the Tuesday and got my results in the Thursday! Haha don't be nervous, you sound like you must be really talented! I'm also stuck between fine art and illustration haha, however i've applied to CSM aswell but i dont hear back from them until Monday agh! Good luck on Kingston I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

Thank you! Good luck on CSM! Which is your favourite place?
My friend is currently at Oxford Brookes doing a foundation. She does the fine art pathway and really enjoys it :smile:

Thank you! Where do you think you'll be going next year? I saw you got an offer for Camberwell, well done! :biggrin:
Reply 48
hi i have an interview for Kingston next week and am really worried about it, i've never had an interview before and don't know what i will be asked. p.s. well done for getting in
Original post by pamela5
hi i have an interview for Kingston next week and am really worried about it, i've never had an interview before and don't know what i will be asked. p.s. well done for getting in

Well done for getting an interview! They told me this year they had a record number of applicants and turned over 1000 people away even before the interview stage! Don't worry about it at all, they're really nice! They asked me about myself (school etc) and then I explained my work and they asked me if it was important to me for there to be a clear social/psychological message in my work and a few other questions about my influences etc. They kinda just tailored the questions to each persons individual portfolio but then they asked everyone 'why foundation?' And 'why Kingston?' They were keen to know that even if you had only one type of work in your portfolio (fine art, graphics etc) that you are willing to try the other areas and want a challenge etc.

Good luck with your interview! Where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 50
Does anyone have any info on the Kingston studio space?
I'd like to know this as well. Does everyone get their own space?

I have an interview at Kingston in April and I'm terrified. Got accepted at Falmouth and not heard from anywhere else.
Original post by Massanassa
I'd like to know this as well. Does everyone get their own space?

I have an interview at Kingston in April and I'm terrified. Got accepted at Falmouth and not heard from anywhere else.

When I went to the open day it didn't look like everyone had there own studio space. There was just this big open plan room with some boards acting as dividers to make it into quarters. There wasn't much space but it is new and the woman showing us around was very proud of it so it must work! This was at the start of the course when they were working in groups. It might change when everyone starts working more independently.
Original post by TessC
Does anyone have any info on the Kingston studio space?

Please see above. Couldn't figure out how to tag 2 people in the same post on my phone!
Reply 54
Hi I'm an international student and so likely going to go to Goldsmiths to do their art foundation. Is there anyone who's gonna go to Goldsmiths? :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by zee773
Hi I'm an international student and so likely going to go to Goldsmiths to do their art foundation. Is there anyone who's gonna go to Goldsmiths? :smile:

Goldsmiths don't offer art foundation
Reply 56
Original post by yen14
Goldsmiths don't offer art foundation

I applied to the fine art extension degree and got an offer. I heard it includes one fountaion year so it's totally 4 years. I guess the course is only for international students :redface:
Reply 57
hey! well done on your offers!! im in the same position but have offers from camberwell, oxford brookes and leeds but I know camberwell is the best in terms of reputation but liked leeds as a place the most
Anyone else got an interview for Kingston tomorrow? So nervous!!! Agghhh!
Anyone else got an interview for Kingston tomorrow? So nervous!!! Agghhh!

I did have, but I changed it to the 30th April. Let us know what it's like.....

Quick Reply

Latest