The Student Room Group

Revision

I'm in year 11 and will be sitting my exams in May/June and was wondering if it was too early to start my revision. I know it's a while but it couldn't hurt to start.
Also I was wondering if anyone had any techniques for revising as I haven't quite found a one that works for me yet.
Many thanks xx
Reply 1
LOl. May is just round the corner and you got a lot of stuff to do. Get on it right now.
Its never too early, just start now.
You'd be surprised how fast a month can fly by. Were pretty much in March just a week to go.
Original post by KatieAlex
I'm in year 11 and will be sitting my exams in May/June and was wondering if it was too early to start my revision. I know it's a while but it couldn't hurt to start.
Also I was wondering if anyone had any techniques for revising as I haven't quite found a one that works for me yet.
Many thanks xx

I thin it depends on how many exams you've got and what subjects. But I'd suggest you start, not long to go unfortunately. What techniques have you used so far?
Reply 5
Original post by AMYC1999
I thin it depends on how many exams you've got and what subjects. But I'd suggest you start, not long to go unfortunately. What techniques have you used so far?

I have tried the note writing and reading the revision book then doing past papers. The most successful one has been writing stuff on post it notes and sticking them to my walls and it worked some what but I'm still not sure.
Reply 6
I find that diagrams help me especially in biology, maths I try to understand the concepts and apply them by doing past questions. With history I make mind maps but the process is extremely tedious.
I have tried the note writing and reading the revision book then doing past papers. The most successful one has been writing stuff on post it notes and sticking them to my walls and it worked some what but I'm still not sure.

I've haven't actually tried much methods and put them into practice yet. Haven't done any actual exams, I'm in Year 10.

But some of the methpds school tell us to use are asking yourself questions, or telling someone else to ask you questions. Teaching someone else a topic. Maybe use diagrams, mindmaps, memory palaces?
Many thanks xx

I revise about 5 hours a day and most weekends. I recommend mind maps for subjects such as science or history which require a ton of facts and topics you need to remember, it helps me so much, and by writing it all down, repeating it out loud and then asking myself topical questions, things stick in my memory and my understanding improves.
Also mock exam past papers. They are the best for preparation, do one of them and work on the questions you got wrong so you know what you need to work on and what you're confident at in the run up to the actual exam.
BBC GCSE bitesize also have test bites which i use for ict, you have a chance to revise something on the site in basic terms then have a small test at the end. Boosts confidence as well as knowledge!!!
Good luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I always find that revision cards are the best as you just put down the basic information in note form, read over it and test yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest