The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Architecture 2014/15

Has anyone else got offers for architecture at Dundee? I've an unconditional for 2014/15 and I was wondering who might be on my course? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I've confirmed my place at Dundee for architecture! :P
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by gracemacgordon
Has anyone else got offers for architecture at Dundee? I've an unconditional for 2014/15 and I was wondering who might be on my course? :smile:

I have firmed my conditional for Dundee and I'm quite excited! Do you have a favourite Architect btw? :smile: x

Mine are:

Michael Hansmeyer, how designs intricate columns using natural forms.
11:08► 11:08
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsMCVMVTdn0
27 Jul 2012 - Uploaded by TED
Inspired by cell division, Michael Hansmeyer writes algorithms that design outrageously ...

Thomas Heather wick, who designs public spaces, such as the light house in Glasgow and the roll up bridge in London. Thomas Heatherwick: Building the Seed Cathedral | Talk ... - TED.com
16:49► 16:49
www.ted.com/talks/thomas_heatherwick
A future more beautiful? Architect Thomas Heatherwick shows five recent projects featuring ...

And I like Magnus Larson how also designs using natural forms as inspiration. ������
I've accepted my conditional offer for this year! Yay! :-)
Ooh nioce! Hopefully I'll see you guys in September then! :smile:
Reply 5
I hope this thread isn't dead. :L

Any way, I have excepted my conditional to study at Dundee and I'm really excited to meet every one! I have you the first year reading list and I was wondering if any one knew where to get second hand copies. As I don't want to spend a small fortune on new books. Also I prefer paper backs to E-books.
Original post by SaraWills
I hope this thread isn't dead. :L

Any way, I have excepted my conditional to study at Dundee and I'm really excited to meet every one! I have you the first year reading list and I was wondering if any one knew where to get second hand copies. As I don't want to spend a small fortune on new books. Also I prefer paper backs to E-books.

Hi! I didn't think the reading list was out yet..? Where did you get it from?

Also with regards to the books, I would think amazon would be your best bet! :smile:
I got mine from the ACES it a service run by Dundee university to help stimulate interest in the arts and provide information about Courses that you can take at Dundee. They gave us a tour of the studios, work shops, canteen, lecture theatres, CAD suite and critic pit thing.

I also believe that you can get it from the Dundee website if you search MARCH Architecture year one.

Amazon can be a bit pricey, I will find an email address for Cameron Wilson. The head of first year and admissions, to see if any one in second year has some copies.

I hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by 2SaraWills
I got mine from the ACES it a service run by Dundee university to help stimulate interest in the arts and provide information about Courses that you can take at Dundee. They gave us a tour of the studios, work shops, canteen, lecture theatres, CAD suite and critic pit thing.

I also believe that you can get it from the Dundee website if you search MARCH Architecture year one.

Amazon can be a bit pricey, I will find an email address for Cameron Wilson. The head of first year and admissions, to see if any one in second year has some copies.

I hope this helps. :smile:

Okay dokey thanks I'll have a look!
Yeah that would be good idea! Think I'm going to try and buy mine off of someone I know in 2nd year :smile:

Have you guys applied for accomodation yet? :smile:
Reply 9
I firmed my conditional to study architecture at dundee and I can't wait meet every one, since you all seem friendly. :smile:

I have applied to Belmont tower premium because its cheap, I will get a double bed, my own safe and 2 feet extra so I have have enough room for all my architecture materials and drawing board along with a wardrobe and a ensuite as standard.

I was wondering what kind of desktop/laptop every one was thinking of getting. I read the March notes that Sara mentioned and I learnt the architecture department dont support mac's unlike DJCAD. Also I need to invest in a decent graphics card and a computer that has at least 1TB of ram in order to run CAD. So the only affordable option would be a desktop. I have only used mac's at home along with pc that used windows Xp at school, so this will be a shock to my system.
Aw it's ace finding out who else is gunna be there! :smile: There is so much to get though! :redface:

Might try and have a read of some of the books before I go so I'm not completely clueless! haha! :P
Reply 11
Aw it's ace finding out who else is gunna be there! :smile: There is so much to get though! :redface:

Might try and have a read of some of the books before I go so I'm not completely clueless! haha! :P

I feel I should start to read up on some architects too. I can only remember an architect that I mentioned in my personal statement called Oscar Niemeyer who is a modernist. So were kind of in the same boat. :smile:

Also is there a face book group for firmers? Or am I thinking a little bit too far ahead. Haha. : P
Original post by E-wan
I feel I should start to read up on some architects too. I can only remember an architect that I mentioned in my personal statement called Oscar Niemeyer who is a modernist. So were kind of in the same boat. :smile:

Also is there a face book group for firmers? Or am I thinking a little bit too far ahead. Haha. : P

Haha just spend an hour reading about architectural theory.... Clearly I have too much time on my hands.. :P nahh, I think that'd be a good idea! I'll go set one up now! :smile:
Haha I need people's actual names to create a group..
Reply 14
Haha I need people's actual names to create a group..

I have just been watching euro vision, Graham Norton's comments are quite funny. When I have free time, I just wonder if I have forgotten revision or home work because I rarely have free time. Haha :P. Thats a shame you can't start a group, would you like my Facebook. Or would you like to wait until more people reply to this thread. :smile:
No I never have much free time but I'm on study leave and my next exam isn't until the 22nd! :L

You can if you want, means the group is just created for now and I can put a link up for other folk! :smile:
I've accepted my place for architecture at dundee too :smile:! I don't know if any of you are on the other post I asked but I forgot to mention on my application (which I've just sent) about a drawing board. Does anyone know/think this will be a problem? I don't know if theres any way I can email them..
Reply 17
Original post by chloemurphy
I've accepted my place for architecture at dundee too :smile:! I don't know if any of you are on the other post I asked but I forgot to mention on my application (which I've just sent) about a drawing board. Does anyone know/think this will be a problem? I don't know if theres any way I can email them..

Are you talking about accommodation? I don't think it should affect your application but a drawing board may take up a bit of space in your bedroom, depending on what size you need.

You could have a look at the year one notes, to see what is the minimum size required is.

http://webstore.dundee.ac.uk/architecture/docs/Y1_Book_+_Equipment_List.pdf

I hope this helps you. :smile:
Original post by E-wan
Are you talking about accommodation? I don't think it should affect your application but a drawing board may take up a bit of space in your bedroom, depending on what size you need.

You could have a look at the year one notes, to see what is the minimum size required is.

http://webstore.dundee.ac.uk/architecture/docs/Y1_Book_+_Equipment_List.pdf

I hope this helps you. :smile:

Yeah, sorry that was what I meant haha. I wasn't sure whether it would make a difference to the room they give me, but I think it should be okay :smile: thank you! Did you mention it on your application? Everyone else seems to have written things in the box but I just left it blank🙈..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending