The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Which Access to HE Course !?

Im 22, so am mature student and I really want to do Japanese at uni in 2015, but I only have 2 A-Levels so im gonna need to do an access course.

Which course is best because none of them are language related? I head humanities/social science is supposed to be good?
Hey, I'm 22 and currently applying for humanities/social sciences access courses. It is a diverse course and it does set you up for a number of degree options, so I'd imagine that if you study your chosen language alongside the course, you will be in with a good chance at getting on a language degree course.

Are you open to the idea of doing a foundation year? it may be better option for you as it's generally degree specific and obviously it's more focused on what you're wanting to do. Also, there's very little between access and foundation courses in terms of entry requirements.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by shedtheworld
Hey, I'm 22 and currently applying for humanities/social sciences access courses. It is a diverse course and it does set you up for a number of degree options, so I'd imagine that if you study your chosen language alongside the course, you will be in with a good chance at getting on a language degree course.

Are you open to the idea of doing a foundation year? it may be better option for you as it's generally degree specific and obviously it's more focused on what you're wanting to do. Also, there's very little between access and foundation courses in terms of entry requirements.

UEA's foundation courses want A-Levels where as an Access Course is instead of A-Levels

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending