The Student Room Group

Strathclyde or Glasgow for economics ?

I have a real dilemma on which uni to go for, i know Strathclyde has the better business school but Glasgow has better graduate prospects. I was just seeking an insight into what others would opt for ?

Cheers
Reply 1
Original post by rs_1888
I have a real dilemma on which uni to go for, i know Strathclyde has the better business school but Glasgow has better graduate prospects. I was just seeking an insight into what others would opt for ?

Cheers

Glasgow namely because I never knew Strathclyde had a uni
Reply 2

Thanls
Reply 3
I have the same problem, did you decide yet ?
Reply 4
Original post by Olga_rhcp
I have the same problem, did you decide yet ?

Still caught in the middle, something is pushing me towards Glasgow, however they both have many pros and cons that make it very difficult. How about yourself ?
Reply 5
Original post by rs_1888
Still caught in the middle, something is pushing me towards Glasgow, however they both have many pros and cons that make it very difficult. How about yourself ?

Same, same and I am also a bit more on the Glasgow uni side as well ... But I haven't decided yet
Original post by rs_1888

Cheers

Based on being at Glasgow and having friends at Strathclyde, I wouldn't say Strathclyde had a notably better business school mate. If we're basing that solely on league tables, again there's only a couple of places between them - league tables aren't to be taken at face value anyway, they don't take everything in to account and in some cases Universities are scored on how many journals your lecturers wrote that year, or student satisfaction! Both of which alone don't give true accounts of the course!

Strathclyde is a very good Uni. But for reputation UK and world-wide there's no doubt Glasgow's the better choice...

That said, why wouldn't you want to come here and study Economics?! The business school is even named after Adam Smith - the father of Economics! The course itself is great too, which brings me to my next point... Look at the content of both courses and just see what you fancy. Two great Universities which I'm sure you'll do well from after graduation!

Either way, good luck.

Hail Hail!
Reply 7
Did you decide yet ?
Reply 8
Thanks very much mate, after looking at the course content i like the look of Glasgow. Thanks again !
Reply 9
Don't need to make a final decision untill the 7th of may, however i am strongly favoring glasgow. What about you ?
Reply 10
Oh I'm exactly the same haha!
Reply 11
Glasgow.
Hello, I'm considering doing Law at uni. However I was wanting to know if anyone has any insight into Business Economics or even Economics at Glasgow Uni? Is there a lot of maths involved? Is it more essay based? If maths based, how advanced?
This might seem a stupid question but I'm intrigued and know nothing about it!

All I really need to know is how complicated maths is involved?

Thank-you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by .ACS.
Glasgow.

Any reason in particular i am just curious ?
Thanks
i doubt you'll reply since its been 6 years but if you are still there, did you regret picking glasgow? or was it a good decision

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending