The Student Room Group

My friend came out, muslim

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
Insha'Allah, I'll make Du'a. It doesn't seem like him to actively disobey the religion. Hopefully he surpasses this test of Imaan.

Insha'Allah
Reply 41
Original post by AnharM
Mate, I know. I was raised in a Muslim household, as you can tell from my South Asian name.

How is it fair that a straight man can have sex with his married partner, but a gay man can't get married (and in conclusion, not have sex at all) if he's gay? How is that in any way fair?! **** this ****, you wouldn't be feeling the same way if you were gay mate, and I'm pretty sure if your son was gay, you would re-think your ways.

I don't understand how you can ever find the same sex attractive. It's fair because Allah knows whats best for us. This life, we Muslims believe is a test. Our only job here is to pass that test.
Reply 42
Original post by brownybird
What has the world come to. Does that even make sense to you, dont you feel silly saying that?!

I'm just stating what Muslims believe in. I don't believe in it, I'm just making my point of how stupid their way of thinking is, i.e I'm against Islam when it comes to homosexuality.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by AnharM
I'm just stating what Muslims believe in. I don't believe in it, I'm just making my point of how stupid their way of thinking is, i.e I'm against Islam when it comes to homosexuality.

:rolleyes: obviously
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 44
I don't understand how you can ever find the same sex attractive.

Ignorance at its best. Because you don't understand how it's possible for a man to find another man sexually attractive, you think it's wrong/unnatural. Maybe if you had feelings for your same sex, then you could understand the same feeling your friend is going through right now.

Honestly, unless you support him through this tough time, he's better off without you.
Reply 45
Original post by brownybird
:rolleyes: obviously

honestly, why did you even quote me for if you "obviously" knew I was making an argument against Islam? Why would you even say "don't you feel silly saying that?!" like you were making an argument against my comment?
Reply 46
Original post by AnharM
Ignorance at its best. Because you don't understand how it's possible for a man to find another man sexually attractive, you think it's wrong/unnatural. Maybe if you had feelings for your same sex, then you could understand the same feeling your friend is going through right now.

Honestly, unless you support him through this tough time, he's better off without you.

No, because if I leave him.. he'll befriend non-Muslims who will take him out of the fold of Islam. Then I'll be accountable.
Look it's simple. If he's truely your friend, you'll accept him the way he is. If not, then you really should not be friends.
No, because if I leave him.. he'll befriend non-Muslims who will take him out of the fold of Islam. Then I'll be accountable.

Oh yes! This guy is on it :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49

Original post by Mohid Khan
Oh yes! This guy is on it :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so glad I'm not a Muslim and I don't think like you guys anymore.
Reply 50
Original post by jammy4041
Look it's simple. If he's truely your friend, you'll accept him the way he is. If not, then you really should not be friends.

If your friend is going to jump into fire, are you going to accept it?

Going down the path of homosexuality is actively disobeying god and I sure don't want my friend going to hell.
Original post by jammy4041

This would make a lot of sense if the guy wasn't religious.

I see whee you are coming from but being homo ain't acceptable in Islam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by Mohid Khan

I see whee you are coming from but being homo ain't acceptable in Islam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Technically, you are allowed to be "homo" in Islam, you just can't be sexually active.

...call yourself a Muslim, eh? Pft.
Original post by AdamskiUK
:facepalm:

Evil religions help you along in life when you're scared of death; unfortunately, they very brilliantly hinder love and kindness.

It seems to be that way. It didn't have to be, but that's people for you.
If your friend is going to jump into fire, are you going to accept it?

Going down the path of homosexuality is actively disobeying god and I sure don't want my friend going to hell.

Again nice to see you are thinking properly. :yy:

But God is most forgiving and thus we cannot be 100% certain he will definitely go to hell

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love it how quick people rush to accuse another for being insensitive by imposing their own views on a certain subject matter without so much as considering the other person's cultural background and beliefs.
Reply 56
Original post by AnharM
Technically, you are allowed to be "homo" in Islam, you just can't be sexually active.

...call yourself a Muslim, eh? Pft.

You're not allowed to endorse homosexuality, no.

Making a sin public or advocating such that goes against that Qur'an is haram. It's as if you're saying "Pig is nice, have a taste" whilst knowing it is haram.
Reply 57
Try and tell him not to commit homosexual actsif not leave him be and both of your lives will be better without each other
You're not allowed to endorse homosexuality, no.

Making a sin public or advocating such that goes against that Qur'an is haram. It's as if you're saying "Pig is nice, have a taste" whilst knowing it is haram.

Bro, this thread has turned from being a source of advice to an epic argument.

Just do what you can

Life is a test ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
And please do pm me when your friends views change :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending