The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Nursing at Glasgow Caledonian

Still waiting to hear back and gettin very nervous! anyone in the same boat?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya! Yup, waiting to hear about mental health nursing! Driving me mad!
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Reply 2
Me too, applied for child branch and slowly going crazy waiting to hear!
Reply 3
I got an unconditional for the nursing studies a few weeks ago but I haven't heard anything for adult nursing there. Do you know if there is going to be an interview for adult/child/mental nursing? There wasn't one for the nursing studies course
Reply 4
No interviews as far as I know x
Reply 5
I originally applied for Midwifery at a number of universities in England, where i currently live. Unfortunatly, i was not successful and i am now in UCAS Extra. My second option is Nursing and i particularly would like to apply to Glasgow Caledonian. However, i am undecided between adult and child nursing. With Adult, it means that i am able to complete a shortened midwifery programme once i have been qualified as an adult nurse for a year. Although, i am very interested in child nursing and what it entails. I would be grateful if anyone could offer their advice, especially if they are studying either of these courses. Good luck with all your applications and studying :smile:
Reply 6
I've still not heard back yet either about my application for Children's Nursing, hopefully we'll all hear soon!
Reply 7
Not sure I can offer much advice really, have applied for child myself but wanted to point out that I don't think child branch is on extra, it's a very competitive course so would be surprised although it may appear once everyone has received offers.
Reply 8
Hey, it's personal to you in whatever field you think you would be better. I'm currently studying adult nursing here and enjoy it because you have a wide range of opportunity. If you want to progress to midwifery or anything else you would be better studying adult then doing the extra work. Good luck :smile:
Reply 9
I'm currently studying adult nursing. They done the same with us last year, I'm sure it was the end of march I found out I had a conditional.
Good luck guys.
Reply 10
Hey guys, I'm the same. I thought I'd hear for an interview or something but fingers crossed. Just done my numeracy and literacy tests for uws today as well xx
Reply 11
I'm in the same boat for the child nursing branch. getting very stressed and nervous considering some of my friends have already heard back about the course! Hopefully they don't keep us waiting for too much longer. How did your test go? I had my interview for uws about 3 weeks ago for mh nursing! Hope you get an interview :-)
Reply 12
So does GCU not do interviews for child nursing does anyone know? This waiting game is killing me!
Reply 13
Hi Leona, from what I've heard it seems that they don't interview! Know how you're feeling, it's so nervewracking!
Reply 14
Anyone heard yet, waiting driving me crazy
Reply 15
Original post by emmamcs1
Hi Leona, from what I've heard it seems that they don't interview! Know how you're feeling, it's so nervewracking!

Thanks! hope we hear soon!
Reply 16
I heard back for Nursing Studies a few weeks ago but still nothing for Adult Nursing. Glad it's not just me! How can they offer places without doing interviews though?
Reply 17
Original post by Aimee3003
I heard back for Nursing Studies a few weeks ago but still nothing for Adult Nursing. Glad it's not just me! How can they offer places without doing interviews though?

I know! Iv not heard of any other uni that doesn't do interviews :/
Reply 18
Original post by leonak93
I know! Iv not heard of any other uni that doesn't do interviews :/

Hi..I have heard back from nursing studies..unsuccessful!! Still nothing from nursing studies...waiting is killing me!!
Maybe they don't interview as there too many applicants to interview??
Reply 19
Original post by om25
Hi..I have heard back from nursing studies..unsuccessful!! Still nothing from nursing studies...waiting is killing me!!
Maybe they don't interview as there too many applicants to interview??

Most unis do group interviews though so that they at least see everyone before they offer them a place :/ I hope we hear soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending