The Student Room Group

SAM'S Study Tips for 2014

Scroll to see replies

SAM’s Exam tips 8: Relax before going to bed and get plenty of sleep. Don't go to bed too early so that you don't sleep.
SAM’s Exam tips 9: Take a watch or small clock to check time. BUT check any alarm sounds are off - invigilators won't see the funny side.
SAM’s Exam tips 10: You may get a couple of minutes to read the instructions on the first page - make sure that you use these wisely.
SAM’s Exam tips 11: Always check your work - you can make silly errors and not realise unless you check your answer.
SAM's Exam tips 12: Prepare items for the exam the evening before. Make sure you have the correct equipment (calculators, rulers, etc).
SAM’s Exam tips 13: Read the question completely and fully understand what the examiner wants before you begin answering the questions.
Reply 66
Original post by mysqa
SAM’s Exam tips 13: Read the question completely and fully understand what the examiner wants before you begin answering the questions.

Maybe this is a hint to say that the history questions will be complex? :wink:

I am dreading this exam SAM, so much to know! I am hoping that the February Revolution and Power Struggle or the Purges come up for the Soviet Russia essay section of the adv higher paper.
Well, History is history. Tomorrow it's Parliamo Italiano, Graphic Comms and Applied Maths. Nice.
Original post by lala4
Maybe this is a hint to say that the history questions will be complex? :wink:

I am dreading this exam SAM, so much to know! I am hoping that the February Revolution and Power Struggle or the Purges come up for the Soviet Russia essay section of the adv higher paper.

Hope it went well!
Reply 69
(edited 9 years ago)
SAM’s Exam tips 14: Quickly read the paper to get an idea of what questions are in it. THEN read each question carefully and thoroughly.
SAM’s Exam tips 15: Some exams need PENS, others should be completed in PENCIL. Be sure you know what you should be using before you go in.
SAM’s Exam tips 16: Do the questions you feel confident about first to build confidence - you may find yourself remembering more things.
SAM’s Exam tips 17: Always read each question carefully. Don't assume "I know this" and charge in. You're likely to make silly mistakes.
SAM’s Exam tips 18: Exams are not a test of honesty - you won't be penalised if you tell the examiner that you are CANCER rather than SAGITTARIUS
So you're saying date of birth doesn't matter?
Original post by _Miriam_
So you're saying date of birth doesn't matter?

It does matter. SAM meant when writing essays on a personal experience in an exam it doesnt need to be fully accurate.
Precisely. What is the examiner testing? Your ability to speak french, or your ability to remember your house number? Focus on the subject, not the detail you add to it.
SAM’s Exam tips 19: Dwelling on an exam that you have completed wastes energy and time, and will drive you crazy. Let go!
SAM’s Exam tips 20: Always credit your sources in academic writing, even when you are referring to ideas rather than actually quoting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending