The Student Room Group

2-2 undergrad degree for Finance masters? Please help.

I'm a University of Bath engineering undergraduate of last year.

So I got a really horrible mark for my final year project, and I ended up with a 2-2 degree(very close to 2-1 though, 59%).

Now I'm considering reading a Master in Finance or in a Finance related subject. I am sure that I want to work in the finance industry and I'm from a country where a master degree is basically the minimum requirement for a finance job, so I do need a master degree to even try to compete.

I know that a 2-2 undergrad degree may not be quite sufficient for Finance master applications, not to mention my undergrad subject is in no way related to Finance, but I'd like to try my chances.

Plus, after graduating from Bath I did try very hard to make my profile look stronger. I've got a not bad GMAT score(710), passed CFA Level 1 exam(registered for Lv2 in Jun), and I interned with two large financial institutions.

So, would anyone offer some advice please? Is there any uni/programme for which I would stand a chance?

Thanks for your time in advance.
Reply 1
My mate got into Durham for finance with a 2:2
Reply 2
Original post by AHazelnut

So I got a really horrible mark for my final year project, and I ended up with a 2-2 degree(very close to 2-1 though, 59%).

Now I'm considering reading a Master in Finance or in a Finance related subject. I am sure that I want to work in the finance industry and I'm from a country where a master degree is basically the minimum requirement for a finance job, so I do need a master degree to even try to compete.

I know that a 2-2 undergrad degree may not be quite sufficient for Finance master applications, not to mention my undergrad subject is in no way related to Finance, but I'd like to try my chances.

Plus, after graduating from Bath I did try very hard to make my profile look stronger. I've got a not bad GMAT score(710), passed CFA Level 1 exam(registered for Lv2 in Jun), and I interned with two large financial institutions.

So, would anyone offer some advice please? Is there any uni/programme for which I would stand a chance?

For sure its not the end of the world, there plenty universities that will accept you with a 2:2 but those should be in a lower level than the Russel Group Universities. Futhermore, i am not sure if you would consider applying to a metropolitan but it seems as a solid solution.
Also, take a look into this site i think it might help you: http://www.findamasters.com/search/courses.aspx?SAID=30&Keywords=lower+second+class+honours
Reply 3
You have a good profile with strong GMAT and CFA 1 no less! Cranfield SOM has a good MSc Finance course and accepts 2.2.
Original post by AHazelnut

Hello AHazelnut;46510514

Following your comment above, Is quite had to say spacifically if you will be instantly accepted or not. Rather, I will suggest you call our clearing line to find out things for yourself and receive a definite answer from the school authority at 0161 295 0080 OR visit our website www.salford.ac.uk/clearing. Have you heard about the University of Salford Greater manchester?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending