The Student Room Group

PPE (or similar course) offers for IB

Hi,

I am stuck between doing the international baccalaureate or Scottish highers. I would like to apply for Politics, philosophy and economics or a similar course but I am concerned that IB candidates get tougher offers. Could anyone who has applied for PPE (or similar) over the past few years please post their condition and which university it was for.

The help is greatly appreciated.

just as a quick edit...I am especially interested in finding out what IB students got as offers.
(edited 10 years ago)
I've had a PPE offer from Leeds, but it's a bit bizarre. The reason I say this is because the standard offer for PPE at leeds is A A A at A level and A in maths at GCSE. The entry requirements for straight Politics, meanwhile, are only AAB.

Now I'm not sitting A levels, I'm a mature student so I'm doing an Access diploma. For PPE I was given an offer conditional on at least 30/45 unit distinctions and at most 15/45 unit merits on my course, with the required A in Maths GCSE.

The Politics dept gave me an offer conditional on all 45 units being distinctions with 0 merits. (I.e. it's a tougher offer than my PPE offer). So that's slightly strange.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending