The Student Room Group

Who got Spring weeks/internships

Hi, just a thread for successful applicants, quick background of yourself (university, course, previous positions, extra curriculurs, a levels etc) and of course what employer and division
Reply 1
Uni: LSE
Course: Bsc (Hons) Big Pimpin'
Previous positions: Goon (2001-2008); Goblin (2010-2012);
Extra-curriculars: Hustlin every day; Sellin dat white; Trappin da hardest
A-Levels: Hustlenomics; Advanced Bread Counting; Thuggonometry; and Chemistry (now my s*** is 95% pure, muf***a)

Can't reveal employer or popo will be on my ass
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Asddd
Hi, just a thread for successful applicants, quick background of yourself (university, course, previous positions, extra curriculurs, a levels etc) and of course what employer and division

Only got one bank for IBD SW but my profile...

Uni: Cass Business School, Banking & International Finance, £36,000 Scholarship
Previous: Four Investment Banking Insight Programmes, Voluntary Work, Part-Time Job, Investing Competition, Open Evening Rep etc.
Grades: Straight A/A*s in everything
Current ECs: Student Ambassador, Tutor/Mentor, Executive Committee, on a couple of other societies, Online Finance Publication Writer, been to a few conferences, blah blah...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by will2348
Only got one bank for IBD SW but my profile...

Uni: Cass Business School, Banking & International Finance, £36,000 Scholarship
Previous: Four Investment Banking Insight Programmes, Voluntary Work, Part-Time Job, Investing Competition, Open Evening Rep etc.
Grades: Straight A/A*s in everything
Current ECs: Student Ambassador, Tutor/Mentor, Executive Committee, on a couple of other societies, Online Finance Publication Writer, been to a few conferences, blah blah...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you feel as if the insights were helpful? And how do you know what the conversions are on sw's leading to more?
Original post by Asddd
Did you feel as if the insights were helpful? And how do you know what the conversions are on sw's leading to more?

Generally, yes. They will give you great insight, help you see where you fit, meet lots of people who will apply for Spring Weeks, get a greater understanding of industry. Your basically know what you need to improve on and what to write on the application. Also, if you develop good relationships you can get someone to help you prep for interview. Either from an Analyst or someone who is applying for Spring Weeks who has already interviewed you know.

Conversions vary from bank to bank so it's different everywhere. For sure, if you want a Summer Internship though, a Spring Week is a massive boost to getting in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending