The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
Term starts on the 5th october, but different colleges will have their fresher's week beginning and ending on slightly different dates, so I'd check out your college's JCR website for the exact dates :smile:.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah, have just found it on Cuths site Bailey 30.09.06 and Parsons Field 01.10.06!
I wonder why the difference?
Reply 3
Its because there's so many Cuths freshers that they can't fit them all into one welcome dinner. So they have them move in separate days and have the dinner on separate days :smile:. It's also much easier for reps (like me! :smile: ), as they only have to be in one place at a time!
Reply 4
If you ask in advance do you think they'd mind if you came up one night early, if you claimed that's when you could get a lift?
Reply 5
I doubt they'd mind, some people were at college at the start of first term at Mildert 2/3 days beforehand.
Reply 6
I doubt they'd mind, some people were at college at the start of first term at Mildert 2/3 days beforehand.

Wicked
Reply 7
You might have to pay though.....colleges are stingy like that.

It'll probably only be around £8/9 though.
Reply 8
You might have to pay though.....colleges are stingy like that.

It'll probably only be around £8/9 though.

That's ok I guess.
I thought term started on 4th Oct? Thats what it says here, http://www.dur.ac.uk/dates/
bigred
I thought term started on 4th Oct? Thats what it says here, http://www.dur.ac.uk/dates/

Yes, but Freshers report early.
Yeah I know that, I'm going back before the start of term too because I'm a fresher rep, but Rach said that term starts on the 5th october above
Reply 12
bigred
Yeah I know that, I'm going back before the start of term too because I'm a fresher rep, but Rach said that term starts on the 5th october above

On the link you posted it says term starts on the 5th.....
Yes, but you're a year behind :smile:
Reply 14
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh....oops!
Yeah, term starts on the 4th! :rolleyes:

Latest