The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Happy to answer any questions about NTU accommodation!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi SabrinaN,

First years can live in private accommodation, yes. Look at our private sector information for tips on getting the right place. Also have a look on the Unipol site: http://www.unipol.org.uk/nottingham/accommodation

Hope this helps!

Rob

What time can we book the accommodation on monday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by kthor11083
Hi,
Im studying secondary science education from september and my course is going to be based at Clifton, buuuut I really don't want to be too far away from the city centre. How cost effective is it to commute between city campus and Clifton campus? E.g. how much would a taxi cost? How much would a bus cost? Etc.
Hope you can help me!

Im in the same situation! My course is a Clifton but I'm staying on the city site cause it's close to the shops and nightlife - especially if you get a job etc. apparently the bus fair is £200 a year which is pretty good! Not sure on taxi. you wouldn't need it if you live in the city!
They're right next to eachother!:smile:
Hi! I've gone to book my accommodation, clicked on pay deposit and it's being loading for ages. It's like it's stuck and this is happening to other people as well.
Original post by laughalot_x
Hi! I've gone to book my accommodation, clicked on pay deposit and it's being loading for ages. It's like it's stuck and this is happening to other people as well.

Same thing is happening to me :/
dont know whether i have a confirmed place for the room?!
Original post by gracefewright

My Dad's ringing up because I'm worried my room will be taken!
My Dad's ringing up because I'm worried my room will be taken!

Same! I tried ringing but it says lines are busy arrgghhh!!!!

Nobody answered so we hung up
Original post by nearlyywitches
Rob, do you know what time the system will be up to book accomodation on Monday? ^^ really do not want to miss out by going on too late..

Hi nearlyywitches,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I'm only online during weekday office hours. We were not told what time the system was going to go live as a precaution to prevent the site crashing.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

If you have any more questions, ask away!

Thanks
Reply 29
Do you know how many rooms are still available in Byron or gill street south?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

The booking system is now open but due to the high volumes of transactions, it may take some time for your payment to be processed. You have up to 48hrs to complete your booking and full details are available here: http://www.ntu.ac.uk/study_with_us/accommodation/accommodation_guide/index.html?source=tsrrep.

Thanks,

Rob
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi,

The booking system is now open but due to the high volumes of transactions, it may take some time for your payment to be processed. You have up to 48hrs to complete your booking and full details are available here: http://www.ntu.ac.uk/study_with_us/accommodation/accommodation_guide/index.html?source=tsrrep.

Thanks,

Rob

If i dont pay today but pay before the 48 hours will I definatley have the room i booked??
If i dont pay today but pay before the 48 hours will I definatley have the room i booked??

Hi gracefewright,

If you have booked your accommodation, but been unable to pay today, your room and booking will be reserved for 48 hours. You must pay for your accommodation within 48 hours to fully secure your chosen room, or it will be re-released.

So in short, yes, you will definitely have the room you booked :smile:

Thanks,

Rob
Wondering if you know what it means by a split level block in gill street?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WestCountryLaLa
Wondering if you know what it means by a split level block in gill street?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi WestCountryLaLa,

Split level accommodation occurs with both Gill Street and Hamden. Because some of the accommodation is on a slope, the ground floor can apply to two floors sometimes. Basically, what appears to be the first floor can also be the ground floor due to the slope of the ground and its effect on the levels of the building. It is confusing and doesn't affect anything. It's just one of those technical terms that no one needs to know about aha. When I lived in Gill Street 2 years ago the slope had no effect on living there and I never heard about the split level accommodation.

Hope that helps!

Have you liked our Facebook page and tried out our app? It's pretty fun :smile:

Thanks,

Rob
Original post by veraallan
Im in the same situation! My course is a Clifton but I'm staying on the city site cause it's close to the shops and nightlife - especially if you get a job etc. apparently the bus fair is £200 a year which is pretty good! Not sure on taxi. you wouldn't need it if you live in the city!

im doing the same! studying at clifton for education and early years and commuting from city :smile:!
Reply 36
Original post by politicschick
im doing the same! studying at clifton for education and early years and commuting from city :smile:!

Wahey maybe I'll see you on the bus! What city accommodation are you at?? I'm in gill street south!
No worries, sorted it! ^.^

Quick question about Sandby halls: one of the facebook groups has a floor plan, and it looks as though there are 2 kitchens per floor and more than 1 'flat' (as there are over 10/12 rooms?).. so, is there a system as to who uses which kitchen, or do all of the rooms on the floor choose which kitchen they're using? (I'm really nervous about it being crowded as I have an eating disorder.. >.<)
Original post by veraallan
Wahey maybe I'll see you on the bus! What city accommodation are you at?? I'm in gill street south!

yay maybe! ahh that sucks :frown: i booked private accommodation for some reason- at vicky halls!
Original post by nearlyywitches
No worries, sorted it! ^.^

Quick question about Sandby halls: one of the facebook groups has a floor plan, and it looks as though there are 2 kitchens per floor and more than 1 'flat' (as there are over 10/12 rooms?).. so, is there a system as to who uses which kitchen, or do all of the rooms on the floor choose which kitchen they're using? (I'm really nervous about it being crowded as I have an eating disorder.. >.<)

Hi :smile:

Sandby halls is divided up into two so that each flat has access to just one kitchen. You shouldn't find it over crowded and you'll find that people cook at different times so you'll be fine :biggrin:

Thanks,

Rob

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending