The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Happy to answer any questions about NTU accommodation!

Happy to answer questions about Nottingham Trent University accommodation, from car parking queries and the booking process, to how close halls are and what the housing options are for second year onwards.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello,

NTU will be my second/insurance choice, do I still need to apply for accommodation?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi:smile: When first years book accommodation, will it be guaranteed we will be put with other freshers?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Happy to answer questions about Nottingham Trent University accommodation, from car parking queries and the booking process, to how close halls are and what the housing options are for second year onwards.

What's the difference between Sandby and Sandby budget? Apart from the price haha:biggrin:
Original post by ConnorMcD
Hello,

NTU will be my second/insurance choice, do I still need to apply for accommodation?

Hi ConnorMcD,

If we're your second/insurance choice, you do not need to apply for accommodation. However, if we become your firm (either now or after results) you will then need to book accommodation.

Thanks

[QUOTE="applenpears;46531853"]Hi:smile: When first years book accommodation, will it be guaranteed we will be put with other freshers?:smile:

Hi applenpears,

When booking accommodation, you will be guaranteed to be put with new undergraduate students. There may be one or two 2nd/3rd year students, but we do try to keep new students together. In my first year, I was living in Gill Street with 7 other people, only one of which was not an undergraduate first year student.

Hope that helps!

Original post by jessmason__
What's the difference between Sandby and Sandby budget? Apart from the price haha:biggrin:

Hi jessmason,

There are only 4 Sandby budget rooms (which are now fully booked) and the difference is that Sandby budget rooms are in the basement with smaller windows.

Any more questions?

Thanks all,

Rob
Reply 5
Original post by Nottingham Trent University

I made NTU my firm choice and I want to apply for accommodation now. I noticed I need a personal ID number that comes in a welcome pack (?)

Do you know how I get this, and how long it will take to arrive?
Reply 6
Hi! I'm coming from the states and don't know which hall is better, Byron or gill street south? Help please! Thanks
Reply 7
Looking at the accommodations section on the website it says i need a NTU ID to carry out my booking
I was wondering if and how i get this ID, for my booking on the 10th March
Thanks
Reply 8
Help me decide: Byron or gill street south?
Reply 9
Original post by Megjenk

I can't tell what the difference is between them. As far as I can tell, the kitchen area and bedrooms are pretty much the same.
Reply 10
Okay! But location wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My course is at Clifton but Is it suggested i go to City for a better student life and travel to Clifton by bus? Also what about Victoria Halls?
Reply 12
Original post by Megjenk
Okay! But location wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! in terms of location Byron is right above the students union and Gill street is about 5 min (or less) walk into the campus! So they're both practically right on campus :smile:
Reply 13
Okay awesome thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by noxxc
I made NTU my firm choice and I want to apply for accommodation now. I noticed I need a personal ID number that comes in a welcome pack (?)

Do you know how I get this, and how long it will take to arrive?

Hi noxxc,

Your personal ID number is your N number, something like this: N0372875. This will have been on previous emails and letters that we have sent you. Your welcome pack, however, should arrive within two weeks from making us your firm.

Hope this helps,

Rob
Original post by Megjenk

Hi Megjenk,

Byron and Gill Street South have the same layout and facilities, including a roof top garden area, but their location is different. Byron is directly above the Students' Union, so you're at the centre of the action, however it can get a bit noisy on club nights.

Gill Street South, however, is just a 1 minute walk from Byron. Both of them are our newest accommodations and both are highly recommended.

Hope this helps!

Rob
Reply 16
Hi,
Can 1st years live in private accommodations instead of halls?
What private accommodation are there for Clifton campus?
Also how far if the private accommodation from Clifton campus?
Hi SabrinaN,

First years can live in private accommodation, yes. Look at our private sector information for tips on getting the right place. Also have a look on the Unipol site: http://www.unipol.org.uk/nottingham/accommodation

Hope this helps!

Rob
Rob, do you know what time the system will be up to book accomodation on Monday? ^^ really do not want to miss out by going on too late..
Reply 19
Hi,
Im studying secondary science education from september and my course is going to be based at Clifton, buuuut I really don't want to be too far away from the city centre. How cost effective is it to commute between city campus and Clifton campus? E.g. how much would a taxi cost? How much would a bus cost? Etc.
Hope you can help me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending