The Student Room Group

New thread page changes..!!

Hello everyone! :hi:

We have recently tested a new version of our thread Pages. :eek:

These have been live for guests of TSR for some months (if you log out you will be able to see it). This design of the Thread Page has been received extremely well, with positive feedback and more people using TSR as a result!! - We want to make it available to all New Members of TSR, so their experience is seamless.

The new thread pages are also available to all existing members, but as an option..SO it’s your decision if you choose to make the switch.

We really want to encourage as many members to switch to this new design as possible –so if you want to do so, here's how to do it:

1) Click on Username (at top of page)
2) Customise My TSR
3) Edit my Account Options
4) Scroll to the bottom of the page
5) Under Miscellaneous Options... “Forum design”, change the option to “The Student Room”

or

you can click here...:smile: and skip to step 5!

Once you have done this, enjoy the new layout :biggrin:

Please can any members let us know if they experience any problems on either theme if they do, tell us in this thread so we can keep track of it and fix it...

Thank you and Enjoy! :cool:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
changed

Cheers brah

alpha new forum design crew checking in

U mad betas?
Reply 2
Done it although I'm not sure if I like it to be honest - think I'm going to try it out for a few days and see if I get used to it.
Reply 3
I'll try it for a bit, but I can't say I find it too appealing right now. We'll see though, change always seems quite meh at first.

As a bit of feedback, I think I prefer the usernames being above the posts really. Interested to see what happens when a user with a long name posts, whether it'll stretch the side bit or go onto a new line. There's just a big, white, empty space where that part used to be, seems odd to have that. There's also a big, white space to the side of my post, too.

EDIT: Okay, I don't like it, switching back now.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jeanlucpicard
Hello everyone! :hi:
Thank you and Enjoy! :cool:
i don't like it mainly because there's just too many blank spaces - the old style is way better so why change it?
(edited 10 years ago)
While I think having the bits down the site is good, it annoys me that there are gaps in lines separating posts and separating posts from sig. Also annoys me that side widgets are green on some pages but on profile page they're still blue. Should be consistent one way or t'other.

So I do think it's good, just needs a few tweaks.
I has adverts now? :puppyeyes:

(both new and old themes)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
I quite like it and the poster information down the side is really good
Original post by greeneyedgirl
While I think having the bits down the site is good, it annoys me that there are gaps in lines separating posts and separating posts from sig. Also annoys me that side widgets are green on some pages but on profile page they're still blue. Should be consistent one way or t'other.

So I do think it's good, just needs a few tweaks.

This, I really like the new design apart from my OCD is killing me looking at the gap in the line above each post. I see you also haven't ditched the ridiculous question mark that explains rep. I mean, display it to new users, fine, but the number of times I've accidentally moused over it and then had to wait for it to go away before I can read the post underneath it. I've customised my adblocker to block the box it displays :cool:
Original post by EierVonSatan
I has adverts now? :puppyeyes:

(both new and old themes)

It's being looked into. Happening for us mods as well.
Reply 10
I don't quite like the blue lines separating the posts.. Other than that the avatar section for the user looks great :smile:
I don't like the faint gender symbols. Looks rather papery?
It is very white :frown:

I guess that it is the space created by having more on the left than people have put in the post
Can I ask for something additional in your next "fix"

When I "reply" I sometimes like to scroll down to check I am not mistaken in my comments

It would be good if the posts still had the post number when they are listed there
Will definitely take some getting used to, and as other people have said it leaves a lot of white space. I also miss seeing people's 'titles' that go with their post count, which seem to have disappeared under this new layout.
Original post by Theflyingbarney
Will definitely take some getting used to, and as other people have said it leaves a lot of white space. I also miss seeing people's 'titles' that go with their post count, which seem to have disappeared under this new layout.

Eeek didn't realise usertitles had gone. This makes me very sad :sad:
Reply 16
I'm not a fan, I can't see my 'The lady's not turning' user title.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
Have to get used to it I guess.

Is it me or is normal username colour a different shade of blue?

EDIT: I also have the same problem as the person above - userttles missing.

Also the colour of the widgets for me is green, some pages are blue.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by mr tim
Have to get used to it I guess.

Is it me or is normal username colour a different shade of blue?

It is indeed different.
I'm sorry but i hate it.
I've seen it a few times at school or on my other browser when i wasn't logged in and was always wondering why non users had that layout when it was so unappealing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending