The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

Hnc grade

Hi, I got an conditional offer for university west of Scotland. But my condition is i need to pass my HNC at college. But it doesn't say what grade does that mean i just need a pass to be accepted at the uni.

This is what the uni said

This offer is subject to you obtaining Higher National Certificate Pass - all subjects, units or modules To gain entry to Year 2 your HNC must be a 15 credit award (120 points). If your HNC is less than 120 credits you must undertake the Next Steps module, or equivalent, offered by UWS before commencing your studies. Please review the leaflet enclosed with the letter. from UWS. Please note that if you do not complete the Next Steps module, or equivalent, and your HNC is less than 120 credits you will only be admitted to Year 1. Please send results to the institution Admissions Office
Reply 1
A pass at HNC is basically getting a C in the graded unit and passing all the other module parts that make up the HNC. I believe.
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Reply 2
Original post by maariaanjam
Hi, I got an conditional offer for university west of Scotland. But my condition is i need to pass my HNC at college. But it doesn't say what grade does that mean i just need a pass to be accepted at the uni.

A pass is a minimum of a grade C in graded unit.

what year, course you going for if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 3
Original post by WeeGuy

what year, course you going for if you dont mind me asking?

Accountancy at second year
Reply 4
Original post by maariaanjam
Accountancy at second year

i hope all goes well in your exams.:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by WeeGuy
i hope all goes well in your exams.:smile:

Thank u :biggrin:
The key thing is the '15' credit part by the way - to simply pass an HNC, you only need 12 credits... You need 15 to progress on to your HND (as the HND is 30 credits, 15 from the HNC plus 15 from the HND) and here, for your place you need the full 15 too. As well as a C - which hopefully you easily achieve!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by WeeGuy

what year, course you going for if you dont mind me asking?[/
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by pmc:producer
The key thing is the '15' credit part by the way - to simply pass an HNC, you only need 12 credits... You need 15 to progress on to your HND (as the HND is 30 credits, 15 from the HNC plus 15 from the HND) and here, for your place you need the full 15 too. As well as a C - which hopefully you easily achieve!

Good luck :smile:

HI i passed my exam but didn't achieve the assessment to get my HNC or did not achieve all the credits as i was in hospital and missed a lot of work but I'm doing the modules at uni over summer to get 20 credits before the university starts at september do you know if they will still give me a place.
Reply 9
hi, they should as long as you get the assessments done and signed off. they wont need to see any more details im thinking as you will have finished off the course within the Uni. I think this is the case, ask them they will help. good luck in your accountancy course.

I am a second year law and business student at UWS Paisley.
Hi,

I recently finished my hnc level at college and I passed 14 credits and B on my graded unit, however I failed one of my module. Could I still get into uni for second year if they were spaces ? I don't want to end up doing the next steps module over summer 😕 I'm unsure what to do here !
I have a condition offer from uws to say that I must pass hnc all subjects, units or modules. What grade will I need in my graded unit to pass this
Reply 12
C or above in the graded unit. So over 50%.
Original post by elrond
C or above in the graded unit. So over 50%.

Thank you
Reply 14
Hi I was doing my hnc in beauty and last few months I took sick never got to complete it. This was in 2008 and I have my massage depilatory facial and anatomy units.How do I go about finishing this to obtain full HNC
So to simply achieve a pass at hnc you need 12 credits?
do you half to pass the graded unit in order to pass HNC

Quick Reply

Latest