The Student Room Group

UK maths challenge

Im in year 11 and I achieved Gold in the UK maths challenge 2014, is this of any use? is it good to add to my CV?
Reply 1
It is good to add to your CV, it shows that you were first chosen to enter (schools have to pay to enter students) and you also managed to get Gold because it isn't only Maths, it's common sense and verbal reasoning too. I just got a silver (I'm in year 10) and got a bronze in year 7 so I'm putting both on my CV when it comes to it. :smile: Well done for doing so well! xxx
Reply 2
Original post by Its_Tito
It is good to add to your CV, it shows that you were first chosen to enter (schools have to pay to enter students) and you also managed to get Gold because it isn't only Maths, it's common sense and verbal reasoning too. I just got a silver (I'm in year 10) and got a bronze in year 7 so I'm putting both on my CV when it comes to it. :smile: Well done for doing so well! xxx

Original post by McMurrough1
Im in year 11 and I achieved Gold in the UK maths challenge 2014, is this of any use? is it good to add to my CV?

Well done! Yes put it on because it's pretty hard to get gold, I think only around the top 7% of entries get it and that's considering schools normally only enter their top sets :smile: It shows different skills to gcses as well - more problem solving and thinking so that's great
Reply 4
Original post by McMurrough1

You definitely should out of 10 different maths sets only the top two set were doing the Challenge..

Quick Reply

Latest