The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

I am not able to meet the conditional offer - what now?

Hey all. I applied for MSc in Social Research Methods. I am an international student (Denmark) and received a conditional offer. The requirement is to obtain my degree with a minimal overall degree of 10 (out of 12).

However my average degree dropped a bit, and it is not possible for me to meet the above requirements. It would be realistic to obtain around 9-9,4/12, which is not far off.
My question is whether anyone experienced admission to LSE in a case where they did not meet the required overall degree? In the 'welcome letter' they encourage these applicants to submit their final transcript anyway, as it will be manually assessed by the department. But is it realistic?
Reply 1
Depends on how competitive your course is. If it is, you have no chance.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by CEKTOP
Depends on how competitive your course is. If it is, you have no chance.

Is it at all possible to know if a course is competitive or not? I don't see how that is possible.
Original post by thesixmax
Is it at all possible to know if a course is competitive or not? I don't see how that is possible.

Perhaps try contacting the LSE and query your chances/options with them. Certainly you won't be the first person in that situation.
Reply 4
Original post by thesixmax

Check the LSE website, they have applications/students ratio for every course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending