The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

English Literature at Aberystwyth Applicants 2014.

So I have applied for an English lit course at Aberystwyth and this Saturday going to the open day just wondering why others picked to study English lit at Aberystwyth? What was the appeal for you?
Hi,
I currently do English at Aber and the main draw for me was the classics element of the course (in your first year you can pick two classics modules if you want). It is a very good course and the teaching is strong, I would however say that you don't get a lot of contact time. I have 6 lectures (two per module) and 3 seminars ( one per module) which only adds up to 9 hours a week. It is however an axing place with some beautiful scenery and everyone I know loves it here and enjoys their course a lot.
Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by mariana8645
So I have applied for an English lit course at Aberystwyth and this Saturday going to the open day just wondering why others picked to study English lit at Aberystwyth? What was the appeal for you?

Hi Mariana

Great question :smile:

I thought it would also be useful to tell you that the Department of English and Creative Writing has just been awarded in the top 150 in the world for English according to QS World University Rankings by Subject 2014.

I hope you have a super day on Saturday!

James :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,

I'm doing English Lit at Aberystwyth when I start in September. I'm really looking forward to it. I love English, the course looked really good, but I wasn't originally going to apply for Aber as I didn't think I was going to be applying this year because I didn't have the points. But I applied, received an offer and then advanced that with a Merit Award. Did you sit the Entrance exams? :smile:
Can't wait for September :smile: I'm really nervous though, but I'm really hoping I can talk to people in advance and during Fresher's :biggrin: so see you there :smile:

Rebekah :smile:
Original post by Rebekah:-)
Hey,

I'm doing English Lit at Aberystwyth when I start in September. I'm really looking forward to it. I love English, the course looked really good, but I wasn't originally going to apply for Aber as I didn't think I was going to be applying this year because I didn't have the points. But I applied, received an offer and then advanced that with a Merit Award. Did you sit the Entrance exams? :smile:
Can't wait for September :smile: I'm really nervous though, but I'm really hoping I can talk to people in advance and during Fresher's :biggrin: so see you there :smile:

Rebekah :smile:

Hi Rebekah,

It's great that you're coming this September! It's going to be amazing for sure :smile: Huge congrats on getting the Merit Award too, it's a great achievement!

There really is no need to be nervous as you'll make loads of friends before you even arrive on here and our other social media channels - we're all here to help you :smile: For starters how about you introduce yourself on this "Introduce Yourself 2014" thread?

If you have any questions just let me know in a private message or on a forum post :smile:

Catch you soon,
James :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest