The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Is 'start date' on ucas moving day or the start of your course/first lecture?

On my application it says 'start date' but I'm unsure whether this is the day you are allowed to move into your halls or will it be the date of my first lecture??
And if so does anyone know how long before your first lecture you're given to move in/freshers?
Reply 1
From what I remember the start date is the date of your first lecture.
For me, but I'm pretty sure it's the same at every university, you'll be able to move in from the Friday before the start date.

You'll get copious emails in the coming months explaining it all so I wouldn't worry about it now.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Wilson1108
On my application it says 'start date' but I'm unsure whether this is the day you are allowed to move into your halls or will it be the date of my first lecture??
And if so does anyone know how long before your first lecture you're given to move in/freshers?

I'm not sure what it says on UCAS, but the first day of lectures in September is Monday 15th. You can arrive at your halls between Thursday 11th and Sunday 14th. Freshers week runs from Sunday 14th - Sunday 21st.
Reply 3
Dam it, I was expecting it to be so much later. My brother didn't have his first lecture at Newcastle until 1st of October!

Oh well, looking forward to it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending