The Student Room Group

John Lewis Assessment Day Help?!

I applied for a part time job at a local John Lewis call centre last week and I've just got an email back inviting me to an assessment day next week. It says that this should last for about 6 hours(:eek::eek::eek::eek:). I've never had a group interview before and don't really know what to expect.
Has anyone been to a John Lewis assessment before/know what goes on or how I can prepare?
Thanks!
Reply 1
I've been to two of these in the past month so I should be well informed, although they were for different roles but it was generally the same thing. I imagine it would vary from centre to centre though, and it even varied slightly between the ones I went to so this may not be what comes up for your assessment. There was about 30 people there and we were divided into about 6 groups based on who was on our table, the first assessed task was pretty much just an icebreaker, where we introduced each other and said what we would bring to John Lewis etc and then we asked each other questions at the end. The 2nd task varied in the two ones I went to, in the first one we had to pick the 5 most important aspects of customer service out of a list of about 15, and in the second one we were given a list of 10 people (a priest, reformed criminal etc) and asked to choose 5 we would save from a desert island. In both of these we had to then present our ideas to the rest of the tables, there's not really a right answer to these and it's more about how you work in the group and your ability to solve problems then what you actually come up with. For the third task the assessor asked us questions such as what is more important, good product or good customer service etc. The ones I went to only lasted about 2 hours so your one might have some extra tasks as well, although I'd be surprised if it lasted 6 hours! All I'd say is try and be confident but not too domineering, good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending