The Student Room Group

Volunteer at TSR

Hello everyone! :wavey:

We've just launched our Volunteer at TSR page in line with Student Volunteering Week :yay:

Keeping the community running smoothly is a full-time task and one that wouldn't be possible without the help of our brilliant volunteers. There are currently a number of volunteer opportunities within the community, giving you the chance to help out other students, just like you.

:grouphugs:

If you’re interested, you can make a real difference to other people’s lives while learning new skills, building confidence and making new friendships. You'll be helping to make The Student Room the best community it can be.

:party::party::party:

What do you think of our new volunteer pages? Are you interested in getting involved? Does volunteering in some capacity online appeal to you?

:cyber:

If you are already a part of the TSR Family then what do you enjoy about it the most?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is defiantly something I would recommend people apply for if they are interested :awesome:

It can be a lot of fun and I've made some of my best friends through the mod team :h:
:ditto:

I can honestly say that the friends I don't feel I'm bothering when I contact them at 5am because I've got food poisoning are friends I made on TSR and a large number of the mods are now like family to me!

Aside from the social aspect it's really helped me with applying to jobs, and even given me great things to talk about when applying for postgrad study!
What is this?

I like helping people with things like this, only certain cases where I don't enjoy helping!

Edit: Realised there's a link.

Can't mod obviously.
But the study help section I'd be interested in for maths/languages/science. (GCSE/AS/A2 depending on subject)
(edited 10 years ago)
I would love to mod, but obviously TSR wouldn't even consider me :getmecoat:
Reply 5
When do we find out the result of the application?
Reply 6
Nice idea. Already joined the welcome squad. If you like helping out newbies, I guess that's a good one for you to join.
Reply 7
Original post by games211
When do we find out the result of the application?

Depending on what you applied for it could be a couple of days to a few weeks :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Idle
Depending on what you applied for it could be a couple of days to a few weeks :smile:

what are the requirements to be mod ( Lol I know It will never happen) but im curious :colondollar:
Reply 9
Would love to join the study help squad when applications for that open :h:
Applied for peer support. Considering I have bipolar myself, I'd love to help those who are going through very dark times
No thanks
Reply 12
what are the requirements to be mod ( Lol I know It will never happen) but im curious :colondollar:

There are no requirements per se. You need to have been on the site for at-least a few months and be 18+ but after that we are just looking for helpful members of the community who show a keen interest in the site :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Idle
There are no requirements per se. You need to have been on the site for at-least a few months and be 18+ but after that we are just looking for helpful members of the community who show a keen interest in the site :smile:

When will one find out if one applied today? :colondollar:
Reply 14
When will one find out if one applied today? :colondollar:

Anything from a few days to a couple of weeks :smile: I'd encourage you to go for it if you are interesting, nothing to lose :yy:
Reply 15
Original post by Idle
Anything from a few days to a couple of weeks :smile: I'd encourage you to go for it if you are interesting, nothing to lose :yy:

Wish me luck :colondollar: But I will be soooo disappointed :frown: means soo much to meee :frown:
Everything I'd do is 18+ :colonhash:

I'm mature!:shakecane:
Applied for peer support, I always loved doing it in school. :tongue:
Reply 18
Wish me luck :colondollar: But I will be soooo disappointed :frown: means soo much to meee :frown:

Best of luck :h:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Everything I'd do is 18+ :colonhash:

I'm mature!:shakecane:

Sadly it has to be that way from a legal perspective as well as the fact that mod meets tend to involve... a small degree of alcohol :angel:
Original post by Idle
Best of luck :h:

Sadly it has to be that way from a legal perspective as well as the fact that mod meets tend to involve... a small degree of alcohol :angel:

:lol: I wouldn't drink anyway :colone:

But fair enough

Quick Reply

Latest