The Student Room Group

Funny or Interesting observations you have made?

Scroll to see replies

Recently on TSR I've come across a few instances of A level and Uni students discussing salaries. I've actually been really surprised at the amount of people on here who seem to think a salary of £50 K isn't enough to live comfortably at the age of 25, are these guys for real?

I get it if you aspire to earn more than £50 K and I also understand that so many of the users on TSR form a very small section of strong academics in Britain so the views are a little skewed but £50 K would put you into the top 10% of earners.

Heck I want to earn more than £50 K and would be hugely dissatisfied if I wasn't earning considerably more by the age of 35 but I wouldn't dare to fool myself into thinking I may never make it much further. Career progression isn't guaranteed for every single employee of a company and many will struggle to climb the ladder unless they are extremely talented or surrender their work life balance. I just feel like too many youngsters are setting themselves up for disappointment and are failing to understand the risk of wanting too much too soon. I know IB offers great earning potentials for young and talented graduates but in turn you end up becoming a slave and have little free time to spend the wealth you are accumulating, I grew up in a family where our household earning was around £20 K and given we are in the south east that actually isn't much money yet I grew up comfortably and never felt like I wasn't well off. I hope young students and graduates understand that the opportunity cost of earning a huge salary are equally huge......

Rant over.
Lol, just stumbled across this old thread I started, brilliant rants in here.

Anyway going to kick it off again.

Let's start with a recent observation I've made regarding thirsty TSR users.

Why are the people who call others thirsty seemingly hugely thirsty themselves. They'll have posted something remarkably thirsty 30 mins ago only for them to post a meme about another user being thirsty. Just admit that most users on here have a never ending thirst and stop calling each other out.

Just realised that since I've called them thirsty I must be thirsty myself according to my own earlier presumptions..........:colondollar:
Reply 62
Bats always leave a cave on the left.

Dogs prefer to align themselves with the Earth's magnetic field when defecating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1) Denying the freedom to talk and be open makes things a lot worse specifically with men.
2) The number of times you repeat yourself plus the level of the response is always equal to 1 even if the response may be angry because you were boring.
3) The higher you are up a hierarchy the harder you have to work to stay up their unless you input a system that he majority agrees with.
4) The number of links you have determined you're importance wether it's good or not or if you are well known or not.
5) As the area of a country decreases the average size of the people who inhabit it increases proportionally.
People (usually right-wing) are always offended are other people getting offended.

This offends me.
Reply 65
Saying sorry to someone when they bump into you. And when someone says sorry to me my response is sorry
There are 10 times as many people complaining about self-righteous arrogant vegans than there actually are self-righteous arrogant vegans.
Many people need to some sort of validation on their intelligence when they make a post especially when its in N&CA.

Many of us are trying to prove ourselves (this post is an example I guess).

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest