The Student Room Group

Christie's Education vs. Sotheby's Institute? London MA programmes

I've been accepted to both Sotheby's Institute and Christie's Education's MA programmes in London for 2014/15.

Anyone have advice on which programme to choose? I'm not sure which has a better reputation in the art world or where students are happiest.

Any advice/thoughts on these 2 MA programmes would be welcome. Thnx!
Reply 1
Hey! I am just wondering what your Christie's interview was like?

Thank you!
Reply 2
Original post by firebolt24
Hey! I am just wondering what your Christie's interview was like?

Thank you!

Christie's interview was fairly straightforward - asked about my background and academic interests. There was also a "slide ID" portion where the interviewer pulled out a number of postcards and asked me to identify as much as I could about each one - fairly stressful because you can't exactly study for this. But everyone I met at the programme was nice; had a very good impression of the school.
Reply 3
Original post by PennyLoafer
I've been accepted to both Sotheby's Institute and Christie's Education's MA programmes in London for 2014/15.

Anyone have advice on which programme to choose? I'm not sure which has a better reputation in the art world or where students are happiest.

Hi,
I've applied to Sotheby's for the Contemporary Art MA, my interview will be next week and I am wondering if you could please give me any advice. How was your experience?
Anyway, about your question, I am sorry I can't give you a relevant advice, I had the same doubt, anyway I chose to apply to Sotheby's because I had good feedback from their alumni and I find their approach to education more interesting.

Reply 4
Hi,
Unfortunately I can't help you, because I think both institutes are high qualified. Although I've applied to the Contemporary Art MA in Sotheby's. They are interviewing me next week and I am pretty nervous about it. Could you please tell me how was yours or give me any suggestions?

Thank you!!!
Reply 5

Hello,

Can you please share, which program you have eventually chosen?
I am very interested in your feedback as at the moment I am thinking of MA, but cannot decide on the institute.

Than you in advance!
Reply 6
Original post by Anzhelika
Hello,

Can you please share, which program you have eventually chosen?
I am very interested in your feedback as at the moment I am thinking of MA, but cannot decide on the institute.

Than you in advance!

Hi there,

I ultimately chose The Courtauld's MA in the History of Art over Sotheby's and Christie's.

I liked both of the auction house programmes when I visited and interviewed, but thought the academics and reputation of The Courtauld would serve me better in the long run.

Best of luck in your decision!
Reply 7
Hi, I'm going to an interview at Christie's next week for the undergraduate course. All your posts are so helpful! But, I'm slightly worried about this '8 postcards' thing.. could you explain it to me in more detail? Is it something you can prepare for? Do you have to give really long winded descriptive answers or are they just looking for simple responses? Any other information on the interview as a whole would be helpful!

Thank you,

Ainsley
Reply 8
Guys do they place students post the MA or MSC courses in Sothebys/Christies >? I have been planning to perhaps apply but I am unsure about the institute which confirms placements.
Reply 9
Hi there,

I ultimately chose The Courtauld's MA in the History of Art over Sotheby's and Christie's.

I liked both of the auction house programmes when I visited and interviewed, but thought the academics and reputation of The Courtauld would serve me better in the long run.

Best of luck in your decision!

Hey Penny!
I'm not sure if you'll see this - but if you do. Would you please offer any insight you may have to the Sothebys' interview process? Thanks! Hope things worked out for you in the long run :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest