The Student Room Group

letter of interest from industry/charity to help funding bids?

Hello
I have a place at Cambridge to study Social Antrhopology PhD, and I have not been shortlisted for ESRC or Wyse funding. I am waiting to hear about CHESS and still have my college scholarship application to complete before the end of March.

I am also waiting to hear about a funded place elsewhere.

So, I really want to be able to do this study and I am looking into funding EVERYWHERE!
I have contacted a lot of charities and businesses in the field that my research would potentially have impact within. Many of the organisations were unable to help with funding, but showed a genuine interest and enthusaism for the project and asked to be involved where possible or be kept up to date with the research.
Do you think it would be a good idea for me to ask for an official letter of interest in the study from these organisations so as to strengthen future funding bids? Is this normally 'done'? Would I then just attach these letters as extra documents to future applications?

I also have received a partial funding offer - but still a long way to go to make it feasible. Should I tell future funders about this partial offer, or shall I see if I can get the whole funding from one source, is there any pros/cons from projects being sourced from several places that might put some funders off?

Thanks for your advice - good luck to all those in the same or similar predicaments of crossing fingers and waiting for judgements!!

Rosie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending