The Student Room Group

Post primary PGCE interview in Coleraine -HELP!!

Hi Guys

I have my post primary PGCE English with Drama and Media Studies interview in Coleraine on Monday 10 March and i'm panicking!!

I'm especially worried about the improv and essay writing portions...
I would really really appreciate if you guys could answer my list of questions!

What kind of topics have the essays been on in the past? What can i expect from it? Will i be expected to include references?

In the improv section, what scenarios might come up (eg. how to deal with a difficult student?)

The interview questions: How would a good teacher deal with an abusive student?

How would a good teacher deal with a disruptive student?

How would a good teacher teach a subjetc/book they dont like?

How would a good teacher use persuasive language?

What are my strenghts and weaknesses?

As weird as the last question seems, I dont think I'll know my wearknesses until i'm actually doing it! The only think i can think of is that i second guess myself. A student in my voluntary work asked me how to spell something. I told her and then i was agonsing over if i told her the right spelling, even though i knew i was right. This is the only thing i can think of but i suspect thats the sort of thing i can overcome if i have hundreds students aksing me stuff all day , but for the purposes of the interview what's a "good" weakness to have and what are good strengths to have?

So far the answers ive seen in other websites have been so vague, no one saying exactly what they were asked, and I need some major help

My job is very unsupportive of me going for this so I really want to get it just so I can leave it behind for a better future - in spite of their attitude to me bettering myself and helping others!! (they just loved it when they heard i was volunteering in a school :frown: )
Please help!!
Reply 1
This sounds like what I have to do for my interview at hope university on Thursday!

What was the improvisation task like?

What kind of questions were you ask?

I'm sure everyone was is the same boat as you today so I wouldn't worry :smile:

X
Reply 2
Hi,

I have my interview on 25th March. Could you tell me a bit about what it was like?

All help appreciated :smile:

Original post by -Guardian-
Hi Guys

I have my post primary PGCE English with Drama and Media Studies interview in Coleraine on Monday 10 March and i'm panicking!!

I'm especially worried about the improv and essay writing portions...
I would really really appreciate if you guys could answer my list of questions!

What kind of topics have the essays been on in the past? What can i expect from it? Will i be expected to include references?

In the improv section, what scenarios might come up (eg. how to deal with a difficult student?)

The interview questions: How would a good teacher deal with an abusive student?

How would a good teacher deal with a disruptive student?

How would a good teacher teach a subjetc/book they dont like?

How would a good teacher use persuasive language?

What are my strenghts and weaknesses?

As weird as the last question seems, I dont think I'll know my wearknesses until i'm actually doing it! The only think i can think of is that i second guess myself. A student in my voluntary work asked me how to spell something. I told her and then i was agonsing over if i told her the right spelling, even though i knew i was right. This is the only thing i can think of but i suspect thats the sort of thing i can overcome if i have hundreds students aksing me stuff all day , but for the purposes of the interview what's a "good" weakness to have and what are good strengths to have?

So far the answers ive seen in other websites have been so vague, no one saying exactly what they were asked, and I need some major help

My job is very unsupportive of me going for this so I really want to get it just so I can leave it behind for a better future - in spite of their attitude to me bettering myself and helping others!! (they just loved it when they heard i was volunteering in a school :frown: )
Please help!!
Help I have mine in 4 days what was the interview like?? What did they ask I feel sick🤢
Reply 4
Hiya. I had my interview for a history pgce on 7th March. I thought it was tough! Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything back yet?? It's taking ages :frown:
Reply 5
I'm applying for PGCE at Queen's, and I had my interview in December. I'm going to assume that Coleraine, like Queen's, can't give out decisions until they receive a quota from the assembly, which I'm sure you know is down at the minute. Unfortunately, that means it's a waiting game depending on the assembly to be running again. So frustrating, I've been tearing my hair out for weeks now desperate for a decision!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending