The Student Room Group

spiked or drunk??

I can handle my drink well well, I can drink vodka straight and still be standing. However, the other night I went out, I had a little bit of vodka before I went out. Then when I got to the club I had a fat frog and a strawberry daiquiri, I was fine for hours. I was given a drink, triple vodka and redbull within minutes I couldn't stand, talk, see or walk properly... was I spiked? if so what with so i can look it up! cheers.
Reply 1
Original post by Jordabbie
was I spiked?

Very unlikely

if so what with so i can look it up! cheers.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Drink-spiking/Pages/Symptoms.aspx
Pretty unlikely. Who gave you the drink? Most of the drugs normally used to give the kind of effect you've described (can't walk, can't talk, can't see etc.) are designed to stop you remembering everything that you do as well. People who've been spiked typically complain of experiencing these symptoms and then waking up the next morning with absolutely no clue what's gone on. One of my dad's friends was spiked a few months ago. Massive rugby player type bloke, easily able to hold his drink (my dad is much smaller and he was totally fine). He appeared much more drunk than everyone else right before they left (similar to what you described), and the next thing he remembers is waking up in an ambulance on the way to hospital, minus his phone, wallet, keys and jacket. No one knows what happened to him because he went home on his own, but it sounds very fishy. I'm pretty sure you'd remember a lot less about this if you'd been spiked. Still, it's good to be careful though, it's not worth risking. A mate had his drink spiked with anti freeze at Christmas, he nearly died.
Reply 3
I can handle my drink well well, I can drink vodka straight and still be standing. However, the other night I went out, I had a little bit of vodka before I went out. Then when I got to the club I had a fat frog and a strawberry daiquiri, I was fine for hours. I was given a drink, triple vodka and redbull within minutes I couldn't stand, talk, see or walk properly... was I spiked? if so what with so i can look it up! cheers.

You appear to remember a lot so no, you weren't drugged, you just can't handle your drink as well as you thought.
Was the room spinning or did you think you were an orange who if poked lightly will be all juiced out, as in the juice would come out and you will just be left as an orange scrub? No? Then no you were just drunk! I think the maybe the combination of alcohols didn't work!
Reply 5
I swear every girl I know has been 'spiked' at least once.
Reply 6
Original post by Jordooooom
I swear every girl I know has been 'spiked' at least once.

feisty one u are:aetsch:

Quick Reply