The Student Room Group

Messed up my interview for a grammar school, does that mean I will not get a place?

I messed up one of the exam questions they asked me :L

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
maybe. depends on how others performed. obviously ur chances of getting in are lower if u messed up than if u didnt. anyway, i go to a grammar school, and honestly the teaching isnt usually THAT much better than comprehensives. the pupils are what make a grammar school perform well imo.
Original post by Marcusroye98

Hey, you're the guy that asked about wearing school uniform yesterday, right? :smile:
If you only messed up one question, you should be fine. But I can't say for certain that you will get in. How did everything else go? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by suzylemonade
Hey, you're the guy that asked about wearing school uniform yesterday, right? :smile:
If you only messed up one question, you should be fine. But I can't say for certain that you will get in. How did everything else go? :smile:

the general conservation was good but he just asked weird questions like, how many teeth does a human have? Then he asked what do you think about conservation? then he asked what do you think of stem cells are where are they produced :L
the general conservation was good but he just asked weird questions like, how many teeth does a human have? Then he asked what do you think about conservation? then he asked what do you think of stem cells are where are they produced :L

D: Yeah, that sounds sort of what happened to me at my interview? D: How did you answer them?
Also, what school was this for?

Don't worry :smile: things like that happen, it's unlikely they'll reject you just because of that (I go to a grammar school and I know people who have had interviews to get in) :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by daisychain_
Don't worry :smile: things like that happen, it's unlikely they'll reject you just because of that (I go to a grammar school and I know people who have had interviews to get in) :smile:

thanks :smile: I was just really nervous because I really wanted to go there :frown:
Reply 7
D: Yeah, that sounds sort of what happened to me at my interview? D: How did you answer them?
Also, what school was this for?

I answered them in detail like for the stem cells question I spoke about Parkinson's diseases and how its positive :L it was for Bishop Vese Grammar:smile:
I answered them in detail like for the stem cells question I spoke about Parkinson's diseases and how its positive :L it was for Bishop Vese Grammar:smile:

Woah, Bishop Vese is really good! Good luck :biggrin: I hope you get in :smile:
Reply 9
Woah, Bishop Vese is really good! Good luck :biggrin: I hope you get in :smile:

I think my chance of getting in is highly unlikely. ...
I think my chance of getting in is highly unlikely. ...

Why? From what I've understood, you answered most questions well- you just tripped up on one.
Reply 11
Why? From what I've understood, you answered most questions well- you just tripped up on one.

The man didnt tell me when I would find out if i got a place or not :L

Omg! I had a feeling this was from Bishop Vesey. I had an interview there too. I got asked "Who is your favourite biologist?" "Describe your favourite chemistry experiment" and "Talk about some controversies in Medicine"

Don't worry about it, Vesey care more about Grades than the interview.
The man didnt tell me when I would find out if i got a place or not :L

Conditional offers are handed out March 7th for Vesey
Reply 14
Original post by MovesLikeAgger
Omg! I had a feeling this was from Bishop Vesey. I had an interview there too. I got asked "Who is your favourite biologist?" "Describe your favourite chemistry experiment" and "Talk about some controversies in Medicine"

Don't worry about it, Vesey care more about Grades than the interview.

Thanks!! I keep on worrying about the interview -_____- what are your grades and stuff?
Thanks!! I keep on worrying about the interview -_____- what are your grades and stuff?

Predicted all A*s but I have an A in Physics and English Language (I cried for days. I hate As)
I take Triple Science, Geography, Drama, Urdu, RS, English Literature and some stupid P.E certificate.

How about you? Oh, which school do you currently go to?
Reply 16
Predicted all A*s but I have an A in Physics and English Language (I cried for days. I hate As)
I take Triple Science, Geography, Drama, Urdu, RS, English Literature and some stupid P.E certificate.

How about you? Oh, which school do you currently go to?

Predicted grades are 10 A's and I've got three A's in Core science, Religious Studies and Maths :smile: I go to Bournville School, what about you?
Predicted grades are 10 A's and I've got three A's in Core science, Religious Studies and Maths :smile: I go to Bournville School, what about you?

Aww, you'll be fine! You'll definitely get in. I'm from Hodge Hill Girls' School. It's in the east of Birmingham haha! Where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 18
Aww, you'll be fine! You'll definitely get in. I'm from Hodge Hill Girls' School. It's in the east of Birmingham haha! Where else have you applied? :smile:

I really do not think I will get in though :frown: I have applied to Bishop Vese and King Eds Stourbridge what about you?
I really do not think I will get in though :frown: I have applied to Bishop Vese and King Eds Stourbridge what about you?

I've never heard of the latter, is it a grammar school too or? Sutton Coldfield Girls' Grammar (offer received), Bishop Vesey, King Edwards 5 Ways (don't really want to go there) St. Pauls School for Girls and Harbourne Academy (offer received)

Quick Reply

Latest