The Student Room Group

Characters you dislike in your favourite shows?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by draneth
absolutely despise betty from mad men as well!

I know right? I mean she's a s*** mother, whenever something bad happens it is always someone else's fault (I mean, for all his many faults, at least Don usually admits when he's been in the wrong), she's constantly miserable about something and she is a really manipulative b***h at the start of Season 5. It is very rare (if ever!) that I have been made to feel anything in the way of sympathy for her. She is far worse than Breaking Bad's Skyler in my opinion. Yes, Skyler is a bit of a hypocrite, but at least she actually wants to look after her family, which is more than can be said for Betty who has almost always been horrible to her daughter Sally. Anyway...rant over
(edited 10 years ago)
Glee- Marley
Once Upon a Time- Hook
Reply 22
Original post by ChrissyH
Joffrey in Game of Thrones.

I think I speak for every GoT fan when I say that I am going to seriously enjoy watching that little c*** die:colone:
Tyra Banks from America's Next Top Model
Barney from How I Met Your Mother
Skylar - Breaking Bad
Sansa - A Game of Thrones
Tara - True Blood
Daniel Grayson - Revenge
Reply 25
Original post by gideon123
waterloo road - every friggin character

Lol same, especially Kevin. I don't even care if he can't walk properly :tongue:
Larry in Orange is the New Black. At first he seemed like the perfect boyfriend but he started to become very selfish and annoying very quickly. I was willing him and Piper to break up throughout most of the series.

I don't think hating a character necessarily impinges the enjoyment of a programme, but it depends what they're there for. Some characters are meant to be antagonisers and that's a fun sort of hate. But when there's a character that's supposed to be a good guy and you can see all these flaws that no-one else seems to see - particularly the makers of the show - that's when it starts to ruin it.

I feel Skyler White gets a lot of unjustified hate - people get annoyed with her because she seems to hold Walt back, but Walt needs holding back. Because the story is told from his perspective, we want him to succeed and Skyler seems to get in the way of that. But her behaviour is a lot more reasonable that Walt's and he does treat her very badly throughout most of the show, whatever his excuses are. Yet he's treated as a hero and she's called a bitch for wanting to know what her husband is up to.
Mrs. Puff - Spongebob Square Pants
Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. One of the most whiny characters ever (Angelus, however, is pretty epic).
And not a TV show, but Frodo from Lord of the Rings. Honestly LOTR are my favourite films, books and lore ever, but Frodo is just so flat and annoying.
Original post by QuantumDuckling
Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. One of the most whiny characters ever (Angelus, however, is pretty epic).
And not a TV show, but Frodo from Lord of the Rings. Honestly LOTR are my favourite films, books and lore ever, but Frodo is just so flat and annoying.

Omg yes...I spent half of Return of the King telling Frodo to get a grip...
Reply 30
Doctor Who - River Song, the Paternoster Gang
Fresh Meat - Josie, JP
The Thick of It - Jamie, Steve Fleming
House of Cards - Doug Stamper, Raymond Tusk, Zoe Barnes
The Office - Finchy
The IT Crowd - Douglas Reynholm
Reply 31
Been watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air and i'm currently on series 4, the mum has been replaced with someone different and it just feels completely wrong... it's just not the same anymore. :frown:
Reply 32
Original post by aranexus
Erm... why are these your favourite shows then??

Erm...disliking a character doesn't make it a bad show? On the contrary, you feel compelled to watch BECAUSE you dislike them.
Reply 33
I couldn't stand Lincoln from Prison Break. He was just too damn stupid :noway: and his son was annoying as hell
Game of Thrones - Bran Stark
Big Bang Theory - Raj
Rules of Engagement - Audrey
Hawaii Five-0 - Chin
Friends - Chandler Bing.....
Supernatural - Love/hate Sam and Dean. Sam moreso, but Dean is becoming more and more sexist and selfish lately. Sam is just an over sentimental puppydog generally.
HIMYM - Ted is my least favourite character. Too soppy, but don't hate, more dislike.
Modern Family - Alex, especially lately.
Reply 36
Original post by ArtGoblin

I feel Skyler White gets a lot of unjustified hate - people get annoyed with her because she seems to hold Walt back, but Walt needs holding back. Because the story is told from his perspective, we want him to succeed and Skyler seems to get in the way of that. But her behaviour is a lot more reasonable that Walt's and he does treat her very badly throughout most of the show, whatever his excuses are. Yet he's treated as a hero and she's called a bitch for wanting to know what her husband is up to.

THIS!

Much as everyone can probably see their own nagging mothers in her, before she involved herself in the criminalities and became manipulative, she wasn't being *that* unreasonable. The life she'd agreed to and built with Walt was being dismantled by him, and as he admits in the final season, he did it selfishly.

As for mine:
House of Cards - Douglas Stamper, Frank Underwood
Parks and Rec - April Ludgate
Original post by buchanan700
Supernatural - Love/hate Sam and Dean. Sam moreso, but Dean is becoming more and more sexist and selfish lately. Sam is just an over sentimental puppydog generally.
HIMYM - Ted is my least favourite character. Too soppy, but don't hate, more dislike.
Modern Family - Alex, especially lately.

When was Dean becoming sexist - have I missed something lol..
Georgina sparks - gossip girl
Metatron - Supernatural
Jade - victorious
Scott - teen wolf
Gywneth Paltrow character in glee when I did watch that
That annoying csi gossip, can't remember his name - csi
Ashleigh - revenge
Hanna (her stupidity really irks me) - pretty little liars

Think I summed it up well.

edit - I like the ghostbusters now.
(edited 10 years ago)
Skyler and Marie from Breaking Bad