The Student Room Group

How much revision?

Hi there. I'm finding my GCSE's alright at the moment but I'm aware the time which I should be doing lots and lots of revision is coming up. At the moment I'm doing about 2 hours at weekends. On weekdays I stay after school to do revision but if not I try to do an hour at home. I'm aware this is not enough when the exams are just weeks away. I'm planning to up it to 4 hours a day at weekends but still just an hour after school as I'm tired, can't concentrate and really just want to relax. I aim to do 6 hours a day 3 weeks before the exams so I do an hour per subject per day and as the specific exams come up change my revision accordingly. I don't think I'll be able to cope though... One of my close friends is doing 5 hours at the weekend now... Everyone else I know seems to be doing at a maximum the same as me at the moment or less. How much would you say is adequate at the moment now and in the future? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Reply 1
I'm doing 3 hours a day ( well trying to) I doubt you will manage 4 hours of work that is actually useful, it's best to try shorter times but get a lot done try to make a revision time table and split it into 1/s hour slots from the time you get home eg my thursday time table is
4:30 maths
5:00 business
5:30-7:30 Break/dinner
7:30 maths
8:00 english
8:30 biology
9:00 hw/break
9:30 chemistry

and thats 3 hours but i wont finish till ten so I really dont see how you could fit more in hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Hannah97
I'm doing 3 hours a day ( well trying to) I doubt you will manage 4 hours of work that is actually useful, it's best to try shorter times but get a lot done try to make a revision time table and split it into 1/s hour slots from the time you get home eg my thursday time table is
4:30 maths
5:00 business
5:30-7:30 Break/dinner
7:30 maths
8:00 english
8:30 biology
9:00 hw/break
9:30 chemistry

and thats 3 hours but i wont finish till ten so I really dont see how you could fit more in hope this helps :smile:

Ok thank-you.

Quick Reply

Latest