The Student Room Group

AQA A2 INFO3 June 2014 Exam Thread

Hiya

Just wondering if anyone is doing this exam? I am half way through and my my teacher is making us go through hell. So much content

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
64 views and no replies... :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
What does everyone think of the Pre-release today?
Reply 3
Original post by Dan Gibbs
What does everyone think of the Pre-release today?

My teacher said it was good, but she didnt give it to us. Do you have it?? Please send it to me or upload it :smile: Thanks
Reply 4
I have only received a written copy of the Pre-release, I have asked for a digital copy, once I have a copy, I'll upload.
Reply 5
Original post by Dan Gibbs
I have only received a written copy of the Pre-release, I have asked for a digital copy, once I have a copy, I'll upload.

Thanks. I haven't seen it. Is it good by any chance?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by lala121
Thanks. I haven't seen it. Is it good by any chance?
Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile: In my opinion yes, hopefully the questions will be good though.
Any ideas of what the topics of the questions will be?
Reply 8
Hey guys :smile: I just got the pre-release aswell!! I uploaded it here.
Reply 9
Guys I quickly scanned through the pre-release and I think its streightforward. For example talking about the work flow and document management system. Personally I think they wont ask what they are but like what are the alternatives? I analyse it further later on. Hopefully we discuss it :smile:
Topics which jump out for me: Outsourcing, teleworking, training, systems development and factors contributing towards a successful development, security, development methods, workflow and document management systems; maybe define them or evaluate them?, Emerging technologies and technology life cycle. And finally the last paragraph for me suggests that there may be a question which asks us to state alternative methods to reduce credit card fraud; 'Id be grateful for any alternative methods that you believe could help to reduce debit card fraud'.
Reply 11
Original post by jamesfancourt
Topics which jump out for me: Outsourcing, teleworking, training, systems development and factors contributing towards a successful development, security, development methods, workflow and document management systems; maybe define them or evaluate them?, Emerging technologies and technology life cycle. And finally the last paragraph for me suggests that there may be a question which asks us to state alternative methods to reduce credit card fraud; 'Id be grateful for any alternative methods that you believe could help to reduce debit card fraud'.

Those are the same notes I did :biggrin: You know is it just me or could AQA surprise us? Because I think the pre-release is straightforward. By the way would maybe fingerprint scan or biometric be an alternative method to reduce debit card fraud? Like on the POS they need to scan their thumb or eye. I guess this would be in the future methods
Hey, im really confused about what this whole "pre-release: thing is, someone please explain?

PS. im taking my ICT exam this year in June :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Charlie Waller
Hey, im really confused about what this whole "pre-release: thing is, someone please explain?

PS. im taking my ICT exam this year in June :smile:

So basically Section A of INFO 3 is based on the pre-release. A pre-release is basically advance information that give you a hint of what will come up. This usually narrows things down on what to focus on. For ICT this year we got a case study. I uploaded it. The question for section A will on the case study, but the answers may not be in the text. They usually use the content and case study as a stimulus to create a context for the question. For example they talked about how a USB dongle could help increase security of Debit and credit card transactions. A question they might is " What are the alternative methods of securing Debit/Credit card transaction, using future/upcoming technologies?"

Do you get it?
Ah, I understand now, Thankyou that helped alot :smile:
Reply 15
Would any of you have last years June 2013 INFO3 paper?
Reply 16
im doing info 3 this year too! looked at pre release and seems decent! havent done any revision for ict at all though! ive just been concentrating on my coursework! halfway through that! hopefully i can get all my revision done for info 3 within 3/4 weeks... i also do chem and bio so been concentrating on them mainly....

has anyone started revising info 3? and has anyone finished their cwk? how close are you to finishing it?
thanks!
Reply 17
I've just finished my coursework today. I haven't even began to revise for INFO3, although I plan to start very soon.
Do you think there could be a question on "webinars"?
Reply 18
Original post by ispiked
I've just finished my coursework today. I haven't even began to revise for INFO3, although I plan to start very soon.
Do you think there could be a question on "webinars"?

omg really?! im so behind on it! how many pages did you do and what grade do you expect to get on the cwk?! really need to concentrate on getting it finished arghh! :frown:
Reply 19
Hey,

I've finished my coursework before February and got a grade A for it, pretty happy with that :smile:

Now the pre-release is out... learning the theory would be more useful.

if anybody comes up with revision notes on the case study, be kind enough to share it with us LOL :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending