The Student Room Group

AQA A2 INFO3 June 2014 Exam Thread

Scroll to see replies

try this website www.publishmenow.co.uk
Hi,
Does anyone have access to this resource? If so could you please share it!
Btw if you can please ask your teacher to order this, they will most likely have a budget which hasnt been exceeded. Our teacher blew his budget on loads of unnecessary INFO 4 stuff.
Thank you!

INFO Podcast:
http://zigzageducation.co.uk/synopses/4600-a-level-aqa-revision-podcasts.asp

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moddapukka
Hi,
Does anyone have access to this resource? If so could you please share it!
Btw if you can please ask your teacher to order this, they will most likely have a budget which hasnt been exceeded. Our teacher blew his budget on loads of unnecessary INFO 4 stuff.
Thank you!

INFO Podcast:
http://zigzageducation.co.uk/synopses/4600-a-level-aqa-revision-podcasts.asp

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed, it seems to be something useful.
Reply 63
Any idea on the essay?
Reply 64
Original post by jami3
Any idea on the essay?

I think legislations! Last year there was a question on social media.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
HSBC uses special keypads for online login. A security method! ICT system lifecycle; testing methods, types of conversion from old system to new!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by Rakinci
HSBC uses special keypads for online login. A security method! ICT system lifecycle; testing methods, types of conversion from old system to new!

The pinsentry systems. Majority of UK banks offer them. Its basically for online banking, when one wants to log in, they put in their card and enter their pin, the device generates a code which is entered the online banking system. This verifies that the actual customer logs in. Although there are some flaws to the system
Reply 67
Does anyone have the ZigZagEducation How to Get Full Marks in Essay Questions for A2 ICT? (http://zigzageducation.co.uk/synopses/4350-full-marks-essay-questions.asp). My school doesn't have it and it would be great if someone can maybe upload it? If you have the pdf. Thanks
I have been asking my teacher for months for this case study and every time I have asked he has told me that it has not been released yet. Even today we spent time going through old case studies as I asked how we would identify topics we needed. I am very, very angry right now. Thank you for all the suggestions and notes. They will be very helpful in the limited time I have left!
Reply 69
I have just shown my teacher the pre release and he is still insisting that it hasn't been released!
Original post by RW08
I have just shown my teacher the pre release and he is still insisting that it hasn't been released!

Same, it's really annoying!
Original post by RW08

Well that's really stupid!! Well tbh my teacher isn't very helpful either as he's only going through all the topics without relating them to the case study so it's quote pointless :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
tell your teacher that the pre-release has been released!!!! Show him this and he will see other students already have it. Ive had mine since it first came out which was like in march I think... Ridiculous how you know more about the course than your teacher
Reply 73
sorry this will be long and possibly weirdly formatted but effort :/ and sorry if these questions have already been said in the post but heres some more.

Describe the role of a Cio?
Describe the term "outsourcing". - See topic internal and external resources.
Why do you need to consider factors like security, scale and training requirements in relations to large scale systems. Describe other factors that you would consider.
Why there is need for systematic formal methods?
Describe the term ‘Outsourcing’

What are the alternative methods of securing Debit/Credit card transaction, using future/upcoming technologies?
Document management and work flow systems are talked about in the web chat what other systems are available? or what other project development systems are available?
What are the issues/factors around the new "location dongle"?
Discuss the stages of technology life cycle.

What factors contribute to a successful project?
What are formal methods? or Describe 3 formal methods.
What information needs (or training) do the different levels of users need, voters, administrators and senior government officials?
What is a cio?
Describe and explain a suitable development methodology Top Hat Consulting could adopt when creating the referendum system.

Explain why ICT projects are often sub-divided into tasks and allocated to teams.

Within ICT projects, describe the need for:
(i) clear timescales
agreed deliverables
approval to proceed
Advantages and disadvantages of using protyping
What could be the possible training requirements of voters and how can training be provided for the various types of voters needs?
What alternatives are there to the USB dongle? In relation to bank transfers
Are there any possible advantages/disadvantages of a USB dongle?
How does a workflow system benefit Top Hat Consulting? Include examples.
Which factors contribute to a successful project ?
What factors can cause government systems to fail and why might costs be underestimated?
What is the function of a document management system?
Discuss the benefits and limitations of the different methods of changeover when introducing a new ICT system into a large organisation
What could a feasibility study show about the proposed location dongle?
Reply 74
Original post by jamesfancourt
tell your teacher that the pre-release has been released!!!! Show him this and he will see other students already have it. Ive had mine since it first came out which was like in march I think... Ridiculous how you know more about the course than your teacher

Sorted now, he claimed to had not been told about it! It is his first year teaching the course and has not been very helpful at all with the coursework.
Original post by RW08
Sorted now, he claimed to had not been told about it! It is his first year teaching the course and has not been very helpful at all with the coursework.

Good to hear! How did you get on with your coursework? I got 100%
Reply 76

Really thats soo cool I got 99% lol 69/70. I was missing a mark for the analysis where you had to draw the flowcharts, my teacher said dont bother improving on it because its will take time and its not worth the 1 mark :wink:
Original post by lala121
Really thats soo cool I got 99% lol 69/70. I was missing a mark for the analysis where you had to draw the flowcharts, my teacher said dont bother improving on it because its will take time and its not worth the 1 mark :wink:

Sometimes to gain one mark you have to do so much work. Like the testing took up so many pages of my document but you could only get 3 marks maximum from it haha?! Well done though! It makes life easier as its 40 percent so means you have some leeway on the exam

My teacher has refused to tell is what we have got because he thinks we will rely on that too much and not try as hard if we get full marks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Sometimes to gain one mark you have to do so much work. Like the testing took up so many pages of my document but you could only get 3 marks maximum from it haha?! Well done though! It makes life easier as its 40 percent so means you have some leeway on the exam

Literally I had to redo something spending like 4 hours and got one mark at the end :frown: YES!! I'm soo happy I got nearly full marks. Because of my INFO4 and AS grades (Both high As) I only need to get a D in info3 to get an A overall :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending