The Student Room Group

DUI Drink Driving Conviction and applied for Nursing

So basically about 1.5 years ago I was driving home the next morning after drinking got stopped by the police and was slightly over the limit and got banned for 9 months! I now have a criminal conviction and have applied for Nursing and I am nearly positive I won't get in worst mistake I've ever done :frown: I have carework experience and cared for my Mother although I don't think that's enough to get into Uni. Do you guys know of anyone who got in to nursing with a driving conviction? So stressed because I know I wont get it but hanging onto hope!!
Reply 1
Did you receive any uni offers? I am currently going through the same thing.
Reply 2
guys i have enroled and started and i got done last year, i havent informed my ui and im still waiting on my crb to come back!! what should i do??
Reply 3
The fact that you have withheld this information brings into question your professional integrity. You most likely will be removed from the course for lying. If i were you, i would explain the situation to the university before your DBS certificate arrives.You may have to wait 3-5 years after the conviction date to apply for the nursing degree to prove that you are not a persistent offender. This all depends on the admissions policy at your university.
There are a few people on my access course with convictions who have been offered places on nursing degrees, however, they were upfront and honest from the outset.

Good luck.

Original post by Sully_92a
guys i have enroled and started and i got done last year, i havent informed my ui and im still waiting on my crb to come back!! what should i do??
(edited 9 years ago)
what was the outcome?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending