The Student Room Group

Chosing A-Levels for Medicine?

I'm starting college this September and I've decided to take Chemistry, Biology, Double Maths and Psychology. However, I've spoken to some college and university students who picked similar options in order to get into medicine, and most of them said that they would have preferred to have chosen a fourth topic that doesn't relate to the subject as a sort of 'break'.

Should I change it? I doubt there would be any consequences, but out of the other subjects, only ICT actually interests me and Psychology is something I really want to know more about.
If you're interested in Psychology then keep it. There's no point changing unless you're unhappy with what you're doing. The only reason you might want to change it on is if universities don't take the subject seriously [especially with a competitive degree like medicine] but I've never done Psychology so I don't know how it's viewed.
Reply 2
Original post by nighttimetale
I'm starting college this September and I've decided to take Chemistry, Biology, Double Maths and Psychology. However, I've spoken to some college and university students who picked similar options in order to get into medicine, and most of them said that they would have preferred to have chosen a fourth topic that doesn't relate to the subject as a sort of 'break'.

Should I change it? I doubt there would be any consequences, but out of the other subjects, only ICT actually interests me and Psychology is something I really want to know more about.

Biology
Chemistry
3rd facilitating subject
4th subject of your choice

All of the above + strong work ethic + good grades = A good chance of getting into medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest