The Student Room Group

AS level OCR A Geography

Hi,

Is anyone doing/done AS level geography on the OCR A exam board?

The units are:
Physical: Arid environments, Coasts, Rivers
Human:u:rban environments, Tourism, Energy

Does anyone have a revision checklist of things to revise that you could share with me ?
Does anyone have any good revision tips especially for Physical seen as that exam is first?

Would anyone like to message me and arrange a time we can revise together?

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by SophhFrog
Hi,

Is anyone doing/done AS level geography on the OCR A exam board?

The units are:
Physical: Arid environments, Coasts, Rivers
Human:u:rban environments, Tourism, Energy

Does anyone have a revision checklist of things to revise that you could share with me ?
Does anyone have any good revision tips especially for Physical seen as that exam is first?

Would anyone like to message me and arrange a time we can revise together?

I'm doing this, doing the same physical except cold environments instead of coasts and the same human geog units!!

I am also struggling to know what to revise..
Reply 3
It's really hard :frown: also there's so many case studies and I don't know how to learn them and in a question how to use them xo
Reply 4
Hi, i am also doing this same course
Was planning to start revision this weekend, are there any good revision guides for this course?
Reply 5
There is an ocr revision guide that goes with the green text book - I brought it off amazon x
Reply 6
Original post by cmorga1
I'm doing Urban, Energy and Tourism for human and then i'm doing Cold, Rivers and Coasts for physical :smile:

I am finding it too be alot of work but not too bad - just started revision this week and I am focusing solely on case studies (making powerpoints/mind maps etc)

How are you guys doing?

I'm finding it hard. We will have finished the course by the end of next week and we have lunch and after school revision on Mondays, so hopefully it will all be ok.

We have finished every topic but have a teaching week of rivers remaining.

I was wondering if you could help me a rivers question that i've got to write a summary paragraph on.
Reply 7
I'm finding it hard. We will have finished the course by the end of next week and we have lunch and after school revision on Mondays, so hopefully it will all be ok.

We have finished every topic but have a teaching week of rivers remaining.

I was wondering if you could help me a rivers question that i've got to write a summary paragraph on.

I could have a go but rivers is my weakest topic :/
Reply 8
Original post by cmorga1
I could have a go but rivers is my weakest topic :/

Thanks. My worst is arid and coasts so It's not looking good for the physical geog exam :'(

The question is : Explain how type of flow, channel shape and channel roughness can affect river velocity and therefore river processes.
I do almost the same units as you except instead of tourism I do rural. So hard to find anyone on Ocr. :top:
Anyways how are you revising?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Do you have any good revising methods. Any ideas for case studies?
Original post by IC3DOutStunn4
I do almost the same units as you except instead of tourism I do rural. So hard to find anyone on Ocr. :top:
Anyways how are you revising?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not very well. You? Physical geography is first and i'm weakest at it. Apparently all topics link somehow too.
I have no good revision methods as of current Lool. I just kind of write things down and try and remember them.
For Case Studies I have
Rivers - River Lemon & the Colorado river
Coasts - Bournemouth
Arid - Sonaron Desert
Urban - London, Plymouth & Shanghai
Energy - Sweden, India, Nigeria & California
Rural - Nebraska, USA

Physical Is the easier one for me because we have the strictest teacher possible so failure isn't really an option for that. I am struggling a lot with Human however. In My mock I got a B in Physical and an E in Human
Reply 12
I think I got a C or D in both or them. We have some similar and different ones. I'll tell you what they are tomorrow but they are hard to remember
Reply 13
i'm doing exactly the same as you! if you find anything let me know!
Original post by zoee2709
i'm doing exactly the same as you! if you find anything let me know!

Sure, I already have lots of resources if you need any. mainly for physical though.
Reply 15
Sure, I already have lots of resources if you need any. mainly for physical though.

I need help with physical the most :/
I'm doing the same but cold environments.

Really haven't enjoyed geography this year. My old teacher was amazing, he was the reason I picked it as an a level but this year we got two new teachers who just make us copy notes from the board all lesson. We had to learn cold environments ourselves, she made us make notes on 20 pages of a textbook over Christmas.

I need to condense down all my notes now! There is so much to know ahh
I need help with physical the most :/

Here's some resources i've either found or done myself :smile:
Original post by beautyviews
I'm doing the same but cold environments.

Really haven't enjoyed geography this year. My old teacher was amazing, he was the reason I picked it as an a level but this year we got two new teachers who just make us copy notes from the board all lesson. We had to learn cold environments ourselves, she made us make notes on 20 pages of a textbook over Christmas.

I need to condense down all my notes now! There is so much to know ahh

Lool, I only did it because I thought it would all be short answer questions like other exam boards. I need to start revising urban and rural more.
Lool, I only did it because I thought it would all be short answer questions like other exam boards. I need to start revising urban and rural more.

haha same, literally having to learn all 3 physical units in 3 weeks!

Thanks for the resources:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending