Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by IC3DOutStunn4
Here's some resources i've either found or done myself :smile:

Thanks so much I'll have a look :smile:
Any predictions for the essay question?

Reply 22
Hi, I just signed up here to look for resources :smile:
I'm doing this spec too, I'm planning on doing the Rivers 25 marker on the Colorado river, Mississippi and/or Ganges LEDC and the 25 in the Human paper with the Niger delta oil, California solar, Iceland Geothermic, Japan nuclear and India LEDC. I've been revising these fairly hard so let me know if you want to exchange notes :smile:
(Not doing hot & arid by the way)
So nervous for this exam, feel like i don't know anything:confused:
Reply 24
Would anyone want to a Skype group call and go through some formations and case studies? I find explaining things always helps you understand it better.
Reply 25
Original post by Rozzles
Would anyone want to a Skype group call and go through some formations and case studies? I find explaining things always helps you understand it better.

Right now I'm revising animal adaptations.

I couldn't Skype- maybe arrange to email and go through things tomorrow evening.

What topics are you doing? I'm doing arid, rivers coasts and for human tourism, energy, urban

Any tips for revising case studies
Reply 26
Whatever works yeah.
I'm doing rivers or coasts for 25 and cold environments for one of the 9 markers and Energy/Tourism 25 - Urban areas 9 marker.
My case studies are:
Rivers: Ganges, Mississippi, Tees and the Colorado river.
Cold environments: Alaskan pipeline, Athabasca Glacier and some others I haven't gone over yet :/
Tourism: Dubai, Ayia Napa and Kenya ecotourism.
Energy: Niger Delta, Sweden energy mix, California solar power and India/China energy mix/coal industrialisation
Urban areas: Kibera and London
I'm hoping for an A obviously but if the wrong questions come up I may get a B but I'd be disappointed with a C.
I just like to keep going through my notes and re-writing them to commit them to long term memory, when I need to remember a fact I have it in my head throughout the day and then whenever can remember I just go through a few of the facts to make sure I still know them. For instance right now I'm remembering that the Mississippi flood caused $15 billion in damages - $12 bn were insurance pay-outs and $3bn were agricultural losses. The Alaskan pipeline is 800km long and 1.2m wide, keeping the temp of the oil at 60*C, shipping 16 billion barrels total. ect. ect. I just keep the numbers going round my head so I can quote them.
What are everyone else's techniques?
(Woah this message is long haha)
Original post by Rozzles

I'm up for Skype but it would have to be on Saturday
Btw are you stronger on Physical or Human?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by IC3DOutStunn4
I'm up for Skype but it would have to be on Saturday
Btw are you stronger on Physical or Human?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find it easier to make stuff up in Human, if your case studies are weaker you can get away with a few assumptions and generalisations whereas in physical theres a lot of strict processes you need to know. Also I find it harder to care about my physical case studies, when I care about my case studies I find them wayy easier to revise the Niger Delta, Three Gorges dam and Alaskan pipeline compared to the conflict between industry and recreational users of Poole harbour and such - this is really not that interesting to me so I find it hard to memorise and write about.
How about you?
Reply 29
How is everyone?- getting close now!
Reply 30
Hoping for a coastal essay on opportunities/conflicts and/or the management of these conflicts. Basically, balancing socio-economic needs with environmental needs. If a theory essay comes up would turn to do the rivers essay. (Fingers crossed) need an A for uni (its a retake) !!!
Reply 31
Original post by ChalLad
Hoping for a coastal essay on opportunities/conflicts and/or the management of these conflicts. Basically, balancing socio-economic needs with environmental needs. If a theory essay comes up would turn to do the rivers essay. (Fingers crossed) need an A for uni (its a retake) !!!

Good luck! What are you taking at Uni? To be honest i'm hoping for multi- use resource of rivers so Solent could be used as a case study! I'm really not hoping for a landforms cause If it does it will probably be for both of them.
Original post by ChalLad

What case study are you using for the opportunties/conflicts?
Hoping for an coastal essay on factors responsible for landforms or management challengers associated with development. These came up june 2012 and june 2011 so i doubt they would repeat an essay:mad:
Reply 34
Factors of landforms came up in 2012 and I'm hoping they don't repeat it. I was hoping for like how it is a multi use area/opportunities.

What are fluvial landforms ?

Original post by beautyviews
Hoping for an coastal essay on factors responsible for landforms or management challengers associated with development. These came up june 2012 and june 2011 so i doubt they would repeat an essay:mad:
Original post by SophhFrog
Factors of landforms came up in 2012 and I'm hoping they don't repeat it. I was hoping for like how it is a multi use area/opportunities.

What are fluvial landforms ?

Factors such as rock type, discordant and concordant and wave energy affecting headlands, bays, caves, arches, stacks, stumps etc

Is the multi-use case study the Solent?

Cold environments is definitely my weakest one, so many landforms that i had to learn myself
Reply 36
Original post by beautyviews
Factors such as rock type, discordant and concordant and wave energy affecting headlands, bays, caves, arches, stacks, stumps etc

Is the multi-use case study the Solent?

Cold environments is definitely my weakest one, so many landforms that i had to learn myself

Thanks- Yes the case studies I did were the Solent and Bahia.

I did all the other topics except cold so I have to do the Arid environments short answer and whichever short answer I do out of rivers and coasts, I have to do the essay for the others.

Has anyone done Arid? If so do you have to know sandunes and can anyone explain simple plant adaptations like Succulents etc.
I'm so nervous, really hoping for some good questions, my teacher thinks it will be on factors and processes responsible for landforms.... which I don't want to do :angry: So many case studies to learn, good luck everyone!
Reply 38
Original post by whydoieventry
I'm so nervous, really hoping for some good questions, my teacher thinks it will be on factors and processes responsible for landforms.... which I don't want to do :angry: So many case studies to learn, good luck everyone!

Do you know what Inselbergs and Tafoni are? Could you explain wave cut platforms ?

I've done flashcards with case studies but they are loads! I'm trying my best. I'm begging for a human question. I think that question you're mentioning came up in 2012.

I've learnt weathering, I've got to do erosion and deposition.
Has there ever been a deposition essay?

I pray it's erosion, revising that now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending