The Student Room Group

Sixth Form application.

I need some help with my Sixth Form application. One question has asked why I have chose modern history over 16th century here is my answer (I don't think it is enough):

I have decided to study Modern History because I have thoroughly enjoyed the Modern History content in the IGCSE History course. I am looking forward to studying the subject for an extra two years.

Another is asking me how do my subjects to my career ideas and I don't even know what I want to do as a career yet! What shall I write for this?
Reply 1
bump
Hmm.

You could say that the skills you learn from History (essay writing bla bla bla) are mostly transferable skills. So you could use it in whatever it is you want to do.

Btw even if you're not sure, make something up that you could possibly do, and you're not entirely opposed to doing it. If you show them you have no direction, then it might put them off. I know plenty of people that said for eg if they were doing computer science, they want to become a programmer, 'cuz it's inter-related and all, but actually they're not sure.
For careers you could relate it to a certain field and say you're leaning towards something scientific or whatever instead of naming a specific career or you could just say that you're not sure yet and are just trying to keep your options open so you can make the right decision when the time comes
Reply 4
Original post by LiviL97
I need some help with my Sixth Form application. One question has asked why I have chose modern history over 16th century here is my answer (I don't think it is enough):

I have decided to study Modern History because I have thoroughly enjoyed the Modern History content in the IGCSE History course. I am looking forward to studying the subject for an extra two years.

Another is asking me how do my subjects to my career ideas and I don't even know what I want to do as a career yet! What shall I write for this?

Hi,
Is this an application for Cadbury College? I'm only asking as I've applied there and I got the same question.
Reply 5
Original post by sih97
Hi,
Is this an application for Cadbury College? I'm only asking as I've applied there and I got the same question.

Yes it was lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by LiviL97

Oh ok, have you heard anything from them yet? I'm still waiting for a reply...
Reply 7
Original post by sih97
Oh ok, have you heard anything from them yet? I'm still waiting for a reply...

I actually didn't send it out in the end. Too far away :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending