The Student Room Group

A level troubles.

I am a little stuck with the big decision of choosing my A Levels to start in September. In the future I hope to either do Computer Science or Law at University. I have also been interested in the possibility of being a History teacher in secondary schools (Haven't looked into that greatly yet). Nothing is for sure as other ideas do sometimes creep into my mind.

I have narrowed it down to: History, Law, Maths, Computing, Psychology, Government & Politics and Chemistry. (Some of those sound like odd choices. However, I enjoy both Psychology & Chemistry at GCSE. Hence why I put them down).

If you could offer me some advice on which ones would be most beneficial for my goals. Or offer some alternates you think would be beneficial?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Definitely do History and Computing, I would go against law as it isn't always well respected by universities if you apply for a law degree.
As you're mentioning law, I would suggest Maths and Chemistry, as they're two "facilitating subjects".
However, do what you think you would enjoy, as there would be nothing worse than being stuck doing subjects you hate because they'd be well looked at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest