The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Does the first year count towards your degree at Kent?

I'm studying Social Anthropology at Kent at the moment but I cannot find any information about whether my first year grades will count towards my final degree. Does anyone know whether they do?
The reason I want to know is that I didn't mange to hand in one of my essays for one of my modules on time and although I am applying for a concession if that doesn't go through I want to know how much of a n effect this is going to have.
Original post by slowcheetah7
I'm studying Social Anthropology at Kent at the moment but I cannot find any information about whether my first year grades will count towards my final degree. Does anyone know whether they do?
The reason I want to know is that I didn't mange to hand in one of my essays for one of my modules on time and although I am applying for a concession if that doesn't go through I want to know how much of a n effect this is going to have.

Unless I am mistaken, none of the courses at Kent count the first year in your degree result (there may be some exceptions, but I can't see the School of Antrhopology subscribing to this). However, if you get less than 40% (from what I recall), then you may not pass on to the second year.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
^ This. Social Anthropology is with the majority in that the first year doesn't count towards your degree but you still need to pass every module to get through to your second year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending