The Student Room Group

Foundation degree to Honours

Hello,

After you study a foundation degree do you have to take the top up course from that University or do you have the option to take a completely different honours degree at another university?

Thank you.
The foundation course is completely independent, you have to apply for a BA separately afterwards anyway so it can be any course at any university.
Reply 2
Original post by contradicta
The foundation course is completely independent, you have to apply for a BA separately afterwards anyway so it can be any course at any university.

Thanks so much!

And I have another question.

I am looking to take a foundation degree in photography (volunteering with animals whilst I am taking the degree for more experience) as I am interested in wildlife and pet photography. And I am thinking of taking a BA in an animal or wildlife related degree after the foundation as a way to help me into a career of a wildlife photographer and/or an animal related career (working in a Zoo or wildlife park).

Do you think taking the foundation and BA is a good idea?

Thank you.
Original post by Georgia_25
Thanks so much!

And I have another question.

I am looking to take a foundation degree in photography (volunteering with animals whilst I am taking the degree for more experience) as I am interested in wildlife and pet photography. And I am thinking of taking a BA in an animal or wildlife related degree after the foundation as a way to help me into a career of a wildlife photographer and/or an animal related career (working in a Zoo or wildlife park).

Do you think taking the foundation and BA is a good idea?

Thank you.

I've just realised what I said to you before was completely wrong, sorry.

I misread foundation degree as 'foundation course'. Because in the Creative arts section lots of people usually ask about a foundation art diploma which is different from an foundation degree.

For a foundation degree you'll have to check on the individual university website about what top ups are available, but as far as I'm aware I think you can top up at a different university from your foundation degree.

Quick Reply

Latest