The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Meltdown Thread 2013/14

Before we begin, it's my day off and I haven't posted much lately so let me make it up to you guys with this.

On the day Arsenal have lost to Stoke 1-0 and with their fans already bracing themselves from a possible impending doom comes a post to monitor, discuss and assess whether Arsenal Football Club will have it's almost annual meltdown.

Below are their Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League fixture/results starting from their first hurdle.

Arsenal FC 1 - 5 Liverpool FC
Arsenal FC 0 - 0 Manchester United
Arsenal FC 2 - 1 Liverpool FC
Arsenal FC 0 - 2 Buyern Munich
Arsenal FC 4 - 1 Sunderland
Arsenal FC 0 - 1 Stoke City

Arsenal FC - Everton FC
Arsenal FC - Buyern Munich
Arsenal FC - Tottenham Hotspur
Arsenal FC - Chelsea FC
Arsenal FC - Manchester City FC
Champions League QF 1L (Won't happen but hey a Roberto Di Matteo side has won the CL so miracles do happen.)
Arsenal FC - Everton FC

So they slipped at their first hurdle by getting embarrassed by Liverpool FC, then were held at home by one of this seasons jokes Manchester United. Soon after the 12 men of Arsenal faced Liverpool in the FA Cup and the 12th man proved pivotal as they held on for their lives against Liverpool and progressed in the FA Cup.
Then came the Champions League where for the first minute they showed an admirable display and were holding their own and could have even taken the lead but ultimately where then dominated by arguably the best team in the world.
Then came business as usual as they swept a side a Sunderland side that didn't even look like they were trying and likely had their mind on bigger fish; Manchester City in the Carling Cup final.
Finally today they slipped up today to Stoke City losing 1-0, need I say more.

On to their fixtures and they now face Everton FC, Buyern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea FC, Man City and Everton FC again in the PL in a row. Quite a daunting list even for the best team in the Premier League, with Niagra Falls on the horizon is it time the Arsenal boat panic? Will they hold strong and keep their current fourth spot, excel and come 3rd, 2nd or by some Miracle win the trophy? Or will they plummet and be caught up by the likes of Adebayor and friends. No but srs that would be hilarious even if it's unlikely. I look forward to reading your views (not rly).

Stay tuned for updates from yours finest and commentary of their results from Arsenals number one fan Piers Morgan.

Piers Punditry:
Instalment One

Final Words:
To all Arsenal fans, be strong, we are with you <3
Also bringing other clubs into the equation wont help you, it only makes you look like more of a joke and doesn't take away from your scenario. Just saying.

Credit to Wilfred.
Also Shots fired, it's good to be back.

(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Reply 3
rofl @ this. in
Reply 6
Original post by So Instinct
Before we begin, it's my day off and I haven't posted much lately so let me make it up to you guys with this.

Arsenal on 59 points and still in with a shout of the FA Cup: Unhappy
Liverpool on 59 points: Absolutely giddy with season.

Think about that for a moment, not that Afc compare themselves with Lfc of course.

---

Also there is an inherent contradiction to people who simultaneously claim that AFC fans are wrong to complain and yet taunt that we haven't won anything in nearly a decade. Because if the 2nd is such a huge deal(which is actually a backhanded compliment) then the first is entirely understandable or the opposite applies.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

Think about that for a moment

Arsenal fans: rising to the bait
Liverpool fans: loling
Reply 8
Oh look, all the Arsenal haters are out now that we lost to Stoke. Don't think about posting if you are a Man Utd fan because at least we are higher than you in the league and in the FA Cup. We lost to the best team in the world(Bayern Munich) and you lost to Olympiakos.
Original post by James2810
Oh look, all the Arsenal haters are out now that we lost to Stoke. Don't think about posting if you are a Man Utd fan because at least we are higher than you in the league and in the FA Cup. We lost to the best team in the world(Bayern Munich) and you lost to Olympiakos.

Solid post count to aggressive ratio.
Reply 10
Original post by Zürich

Think about that for a moment, not that Afc compare themselves with Lfc of course.

---

Also there is an inherent contradiction to people who simultaneously claim that AFC fans are wrong to complain and yet taunt that we haven't won anything in nearly a decade. Because if the 2nd is such a huge deal(which is actually a backhanded compliment) then the first is entirely understandable or the opposite applies.

Firstly:

Secondly:

Yet that doesn't make your scenario any less hilarious. Well done.

Goes to show doesn't it, until very recently your fans were overjoyed and now as you say you're unhappy.
Shame, great club with such fickle and backbone-less' fans. Nonetheless at least you'll be able to enjoy being knocked out the FA cup by Manchester City.

Oh and after all of that: Lol too easy.. :rofl:
(edited 10 years ago)
We're still in a better position than Liverpool though. On the same points as you and have a good chance of winning the FA Cup.
Reply 12
Instalment one of Piers Punditry.

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by So Instinct
Instalment one of Piers Punditry.

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

More to come once he hops off Jeremy Clarksons dick.

Surely Piers has to be in for a shout as next England manager? After all, he's such an expert. More importantly, I think, he is currently unemployed and by the end of the summer there will doubtless be a job available.

When can we begin the annual Wenger discussions? I haven't heard any irate, semi-literate Arsenal fans bellowing down the phone on TalkSport or R5L yet.
Reply 14
Emotions run high for Arsenal fans, one interviewed is on the verge of tears.

[video="youtube;fZYpK4r2UG8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZYpK4r2UG8[/video]
(edited 10 years ago)
Who are Buyern Munich? Never heard of them.

And so it was foretold. And so it came to be. And so it will be.

Original post by James2810

If we're so ****, it doesn't say much that you couldn't beat us or even score against us this season :holmes:

Even Fulham and Cardiff managed to score a couple!
Original post by sr90
If we're so ****, it doesn't say much that you couldn't beat us or even score against us this season :holmes:

Even Fulham and Cardiff managed to score a couple!

This is true

But you raise your game against us, not sure why that is anymore but it's always been the way. Not like you played badly against us either, at least but recent Utd standards.
A thread just for taking the piss out of Arsenal? Really?

Quick Reply

Latest