The Student Room Group

how come there's no mail order grooms?

the mail order bride industry seems to be huge and growing every year yet the other way around it doesn't even seem to exist. it's really weird :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

There is, you're just not looking in the right places... :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by majmuh24
There is, you're just not looking in the right places... :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Huh? Where, where? :excited:
Original post by Hellcat12
Huh? Where, where? :excited:

For the interests of my safety, I am not allowed to divulge these places in public :afraid:

You wouldn't need one anyway :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Less demand.
Reply 5
For the interests of my safety, I am not allowed to divulge these places in public :afraid:

You wouldn't need one anyway :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:unimpressed:

Why wouldn't I? I am just interested in the information, anyways.
Reply 6
1) Less demand

2) The thought of inviting a foreign man whom you've never met before from a different continent to your house is more frightening than anything else.
Reply 7
No demand for it.
Reply 8
Original post by kunoichi
Less demand.

try zero demand. but the question is why? there are plenty of middle aged single/divorced women in the west.
:unimpressed:

Why wouldn't I? I am just interested in the information, anyways.

Don't do this. I don't want to have to say something we both know :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by NathanW18
No demand for it.

why?
Original post by andy3000
why?

Cos it's much easier for a girl to get a guy than the other way around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Don't do this. I don't want to have to say something we both know :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I googled it. :hand:
I googled it. :hand:

Googled what?

You won't find it on Google, it's in the so called 'deep web'. There's some very dangerous **** on there :afraid:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cos it's much easier for a girl to get a guy than the other way around.

with specific regard to heterosexual marriage, the gender ratio for success is surely 1:1, no?
Reply 15
Googled what?

You won't find it on Google, it's in the so called 'deep web'. There's some very dangerous **** on there :afraid:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mail-order grooms.....
Sadly, there isn't enough material. :frown:
why?

Good question. I don't really know. Maybe some men have no hope of finding a woman in the conventional way, so they do this. Women may believe that they have more hope in finding a man.
Original post by cambio wechsel
with specific regard to heterosexual marriage, the gender ratio for 'success' is surely 1:1, no?

Most likely :tongue:

What I'm saying is that for example, on a night out, it would be much easier to pick up a girl than the other way around, so girls don't need to worry about not being in relationships as much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
the mail order bride industry seems to be huge and growing every year yet the other way around it doesn't even seem to exist. it's really weird :s-smilie:

There are, and many. There are whole forums on middle aged women, who brought for themselves grooms from Egypt, Morocco, Middle east, mostly engineers. There engineers then pass an exam to become an engineer in the US, the UK, and these women have men of them same age, who are good providers. There is a huge demand for them. You maybe meant that there were no specific web sites with such grooms, like, handsome young Egyptians, all engineers, click here to join. Mostly these women get these men off general dating site.
I think that there are no sites like this because there are still double standards: if a man gets himself a younger mail order bride, he is "a lucky dog", if a woman does it, she is "desperate". Also, there is a huge industry of toy boys and professional gigolos in places like Turkey, Morocco, Cyprus (seaside areas). Many of these gigolos become mail order grooms in due course.

Quick Reply

Latest