The Student Room Group

I don't know if I'm going to pass Spanish?

I did a mock exam in Janurary and got an E, everyone else in my class got Us. The actual exam i in 3 months and I really don't feel like I know enough to pass it at a decent grade. I got an A* at GCSE with a different teacher without trying, now I have a teacher who shows up 20 mins late to lessons, gives us 3 essays a week to complete and doesn't actually teach us anything during the lessons, she just asks us questions and expects us to know the vocabulary even though she hasn't taught it to us. I don't want to carry on Spanish at A2 because I'll get this teacher again and it's driving me insane because I'm really struggling. My teacher says that everyone in the class is resitting the AS paper next year which means she expects us to do badly this year, which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, and as I'm not taking it next year and therefore won't resit it, so whichever grade I get this year is my final grade. I'd like to get a C (my target is an A but there's no way I'll get that)
Everyone in the class has complained about this teacher and the French class which she also taught dropped it because of her (literally the whole class dropped French because they didn't learn anything)
What should I do?
bump
Reply 2
Have you told your parents? Tutor? Head of department, other teachers, senior staff?
Right, we are going to get you up to scratch! :biggrin: who needs teachers?!

Which board?
Original post by Paralove
Have you told your parents? Tutor? Head of department, other teachers, senior staff?

Everyone in the class has complained to our teacher, other languages teachers and head of sixth form, who then told our teacher. Nothing came of it, she's still the same so that's not helping:frown:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Right, we are going to get you up to scratch! :biggrin: who needs teachers?!

Which board?

I'm with AQA, do you know of any helpful sites/resources for AS? My topics to learn about are
-popular culture
-health and lifestyle
-family and relationships
-media
Original post by BaudelaireLucky
I'm with AQA, do you know of any helpful sites/resources for AS? My topics to learn about are
-popular culture
-health and lifestyle
-family and relationships
-media

All the boards cover the same stuff, it's just a matter of what the exam wants, I'll get back to you asap, let me look at some past papers and look at some websites.

Voy a hablar en español contigo, entonces puedes lo practicar hablas :smile:

Btw I don't study Spanish, I do French so that's why I have to do some searching!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
All the boards cover the same stuff, it's just a matter of what the exam wants, I'll get back to you asap, let me look at some past papers and look at some websites.

Voy a hablar en español contigo, entonces puedes lo practicar hablas :smile:

Btw I don't study Spanish, I do French so that's why I have to do some searching!

Vale, ¡muchas gracias!
Vale, ¡muchas gracias!

http://www.spanishrevision.co.uk/a_level/piggott/aqa_as/

Pienso que este deberia utile!

Son muy utiles, mi profesora no me habían dado listas de vocabulario, muchas gracias!
Son muy utiles, mi profesora no me habían dado listas de vocabulario, muchas gracias!

De nada, estoy feliz que es utile!
Reply 11
Would you be interested in tuition to bump up your grades?! Must be frustrating having a teacher like that.

*mi profesora no me ha dado listas de vocabulario
Original post by wynomia
Would you be interested in tuition to bump up your grades?! Must be frustrating having a teacher like that.

*mi profesora no me ha dado listas de vocabulario

It's less than three months until the exam so I don't think there's much point in tuition, plus I can't afford it. I think I'll just have to go back through everything and try to learn as much vocab as I can from online. :s-smilie:
Reply 13
¿Por que?

(sorry had to)

It's less than three months until the exam so I don't think there's much point in tuition, plus I can't afford it. I think I'll just have to go back through everything and try to learn as much vocab as I can from online.

This is the best thing you can do at this point.

(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest